Monday, July 26, 2010

Is It Wrong To Post A Recipe That You Have Never Prepared????

Well that is just what I am going to do. My DD Ranchgirl has been going on and on about this dish, and yesterday at church the dear lady that made it shared. So here goes.

Disclaimer........I am not in anyway responsible for the likes or dislikes of this dish. Or for your DH running you out of the house for bringing in "yard bird" as it is so affectionately called here in this house.

Here goes...

Chicken Casserole....does not the title in itself just say....yum?

3 cups cubed chicken breasts
1 can of celery soup
1 medium onion,chopped
1 cup of mayo
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1 pkg. Uncle Bens wild and white rice
1 small jar of pimiento
2 cans of French style green beans, drained. Ok gotta be honest here...the green bean thing is kind of giving me the willies. Green bean casserole makes me feel faint, just somethings you should not do to a green bean. OK with that off my chest, I will say that I will try anything once...well not octopus. Won't try that...ever.
1 can of water chestnuts, sliced
salt and pepper to taste.

Cook and drain rice mix. Combine and mix well all the ingredients. Place in 3-quart casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

It occurred to me as I was typing this out..this is a chick dish. Pretty sure my steak bone gnawing men won't go for this. Oh well....they need to understand some times it just isn't all about them. I say get out the "Gone With the Wind" DVD call your chick friends and have a party.

Let me know how yall like it!

Just an aside..... totally off the subject of recipes and chick movies.

I think I am losing my mind. Really. Not even joking. I have had a lot on my mind this summer. Lots of stuff rolling around up there. Some good, some not so good. So the other morning. I arise. I do the breakfast thing. I tell youngest to get up about 20 times. I threaten I tickle. I get exasperated. Finally he gets up. I rush him through breakfast. I rush him into his clothes. I rush him out of the bathroom. I am trying to rush him into his morning chores. I had him the milk bucket and tell him to.........go milk the dog. Yes, according to other sources other then myself,that is what I said......go milk the dog. He just stands there staring at me. And I tell him what are you waiting for? He says..you told me to milk the dog. I am appalled. I would never say anything so dumb. I tell him so. He says "you told me to go milk the dog." DH is in the other room and he say's " you told him to go milk the dog." Ok I might have said it...dog, goat what is the difference? Do I have to explain everything down to the last detail, yall should know what I mean!

Losing it...pretty sure.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

8 comments:

Shelby said...

that's funny. mom does that all the time, we're like mom do you really want us to do that. She blames it on having twins. lol!

your background and header are real nice lookin

Ranch wife said...

Thanks Shelby...RanchGirl takes all the credit, and I think she did a up town job myself.

Well I was going to say I never did things like that till kids came along...maybe there is something to it!

~M~

NaomiG said...

:-) Haha! I think that absentmindedness comes from being a mom for sure. I do stuff like that a lot. That casserole sounds really good, I shall have to try some. :-) Also, octopus is DELISH--especially in sushi form. Sorry, I had to say it. I'm a sushi fanatic.

Rachel said...

I may try this... sounds like a chick dish to me too.
D is the same way about "yard birds". It's always-BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!
Though he does enjoy BBQed chicken now and then. ;)

Oh, I really hope your not loosing it! ;)
Go ahead and blame it on having children. I do think they make our minds run even wilder!!

Gumbo Lily said...

What is it with these ranchers? Mine doesn't like bird either. He says it's "foul." I blame his mother. She required them to butcher chickens almost daily and then made fried chicken every day of the summer. I guess a guy would get sick of chicken in a hurry.

I have made a similar chicken casserole (that I love) but it has broccoli instead of the green beans. It also calls for curry (to taste) in the soup mixture. It's so good.

About the fuzzy brain....it's the kids. I'm sure of it. The other day I told the sons to "email me" before coming home from town. Of course, they knew what I meant!!!

Jody

Ranch Wife said...

Well at least you have company! I'm losing it too and I'm not certain I have the gumption to serch for it. Wonder where all the lost stuff gathers... Must be quite a pile by now. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Yay! This was the bomb diggity!

Cheyenne said...

That recipe sounds like comfort food to me! mmmm....

Go milk the dog? haha! I think all mama's say things like that at some point or another..