Friday, December 3, 2010

It is Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathing a sigh of relief. Dancing the happy dance. Praised the Good Lord I still have part of my sanity left!

Before Christmas 2010.

I was so very afraid that my Christmas present for Ranchgirl from 2009 was going to extend into the year of 2011. But.......I am finished.

I am ashamed it has taken me so long. But ya know that thing called life.

And....someone that does not have that much experience with handquilting really should not take on a queen size quilt as the first really big project.

And...I will never...or maybe never make another pieced border again. It requires lots of math. I hate math.

And...when they say to make sure you have enough fabric for a project...listen. Fabric comes and fabric goes..especially when it is on clearance...need I say more?

Here it is....Tada!!!



I am as happy as a pig in the mud!

Left the Christmas festivities begin!

GOd Bless and Happy Trails

RanchWife

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Well done!!
I think that is beautiful!!
Lucky dogs, they are.

day, in the far, far future, prolly... I am going to make one.
Ha! We'll see... ;)

But, really, I love it! Looks good from here anyway. ;)

little apple tally said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to get it on our bed!!

Countrygirl said...

It's beautiful! I'm sure she thinks it's worth the wait!

NaomiG said...

It is SO beautiful. What a treasure. :-)

Mikey said...

OH that is gorgeous! What a beautiful piece!! You really did a fabulous job!

Keepin' Up With The Jones said...

Looks great! Now, just wondering if you would mind swinging over here and helping me finish the unfinished quilt I have!?! :-)

Anna said...

Congrats!! It's beautiful!!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I told DD that some things are just worth waiting for...and this gorgeous quilt is one of them. I'm so impressed - handquilting a queen-sized quilt is no smaill feat. Now I will never have to ask you that question again...have you finished her quilt? Now I get to bug you about the one for your bed. Grin.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

OhMyGosh! That is gorgeous!
I wouldn't care if it took 2 Christmas'...that is beautiful and worth waiting for.

GOOD WORK!! Can't wait to show this to my m-i-l, the quilter!

Paula said...

I think it is wonderful! Sometimes, wonderful things take time!!

Blessings~
P.

Saska said...

It looks wonderful! You did a great job.

Gumbo Lily said...

Squeal of delight!!!!! This is beautiful and amazing. You're the best Mama ever! Congratulations on completing a beautiful quilt and a treasured gift.

Let the Wild Rumpus start!

Jody