Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Seasons...

There is an appointed time for everything, And there is a time for every event under heaven....Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 verse 1 NASB.

I have been absent from blog land for over a month. I wish it was because I was on an extended European vacation or something fun like that but no. No vacation. Not a lot of fun times here the last month.

The past month has seen the unheavel of our lives. Due to many factors some personal, some due to circumstances beyond our control, drought, DH has taken another job and right now I am sitting at my kitchen table in a small town of 600 in the state of Texas. 

Pinch me, I still feel as if it were all a dream. But alas it is real and here we are.

Another cowboy has gone over to the other side...the oil field. Seems to be a lot of that going on today.

DH was offered a job. A good job, one of those jobs that you just don't turn down without very good reason. We prayed and prayed and prayed some more. And it just seemed like God kept opening doors, and believe me we tried to slam them shut more then once. Bottom line we are here not because of what we wanted....but because we felt like this is what the Lord wanted.

Following Jesus is never easy.  He puts you in places you thought you would never go.

I have done a lot of whining. Complaining, crying and have had a bad attitude in general. I am sure the Lord is completely exasperated with me. Basically I have been an ungrateful spoilt brat.

So I have decided to be grateful. I have to make this decision hourly..:)

1. At my husbands age and he is only 49, we have discovered that it is hard to get a good job, Ranch or otherwise. Sad but true. This was a God thing that he got this one.
2. Even though we are having to live in town for the time being..we have a cool old house that has lots of charm and character.
3. The town has a populaiton of 600.
4. We are smack dab in ranch country, DH and Youngest have already had leads on daywork and youngest may have a connection to ride some horses.
5. DH is working with two Christian men, He likes them a lot.
6. This job will not be as physically demanding and it will be better for his health. (That would make him mad that I put that in there, but it is true.)
7. We didn't have to sell our horses, cow, calves etc...my mom is animal sitting till we find a place to go with them.
8. Some wonderful friends helped us move and gave us encouragement and many prayers.
9.We will have actual vacation time. We have been married almost 30 years and have never had a vacation.
10. This house has a good place in the back for DH's shop. We have had many people tell us that it will be great to have a boot/saddle shop here as it is miles to the nearest one. And with his new hours he will have more time to get the business off the ground.

So there are 10 things that I am grateful for. I need to print them off and put them up where I can see them...ha ha.

No, God is good and He has a plan. We can't see it yet, but I know that it is there.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife (Displaced)

Got to share pictures of this cool house as soon as the boxes are cleared out and I have  decided what to do with my 1950's pink bathroom! Pink!

7 comments:

little apple tally said...

You've come up with a nice list of positives behind all this, but oh, how we hate change, don't we. Its called progress but I fight it at every turn.

May the positives grow on you!

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh my, what a big leap you've taken, but if the Lord is guiding, it's the right leap. Wishing you all the best as you walk out into a new kind of life. I say, go with the pink bathroom. (pink & brown maybe?) Sounds like you might have some fun with that old house.

(huggs)
Jody

Sonya said...

Change is never easy. Praying for you and your family to find happiness in your new town. Have you found a new church family?? I would love to purchase a pair of DH custom boots....hint hint.....

Countrygirl said...

His ways are not my ways! He has great plans for ya'll. I'm proud of you! Can't wait for the pictures. Send me an address please. Love you. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Guess I should make me a list too.

Rachel said...

So happy for y'all! Change is not always easy, but praying you ALL make it through this change. :)
Can't wait to see house pictures!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I am sure this is HARD~ but Praise the Lord, he knows better our needs than we think we do!
Have been thinking of you and your families with all the changes happening...and at a busy time of year.
Have a wonderful and Blessed Christmas M....{hugs}
Les