This past weekend found DH and I in Red River New Mexico! It was cold! I was snowy! And we had a blast!
We didn't ski. We wanted to have fun and not end up in the hospital! Being hauled down the mountain by the rescue team just didn't sound appealing. We are not that old...I don't think but I feel learning to ski at this point in life just might very well be..pointless.
We did snowmobile! It was a blast!
There we are in all our snowmobiling glory! I was determined to not get cold and I think I over dressed just a bit. Lets just say that getting on was a feat! Throwing my leg over was just not pretty. And walking was more of a waddle. But hey I didn't get cold!
I have never seen so much snow! All the locals said it had been years since there was so much. It was beautiful!
DH loves to find the most remote pretty drives when he travels. He like to go to the out of the way places. And he loves actual maps! No on-star for him! No google map! He is a for real map man. When the map man declared that he had found a wonderful way to head home that was way straighter and way prettier then the way we came I just said "OK." I have learned...just go with it.
It was pretty. It was remote. We also ran out of pavement! So for..I don't know...bunches of miles we drove and drove on dirt. In the snow. With no cell service. And after a mile or so no place to turn around if we had wanted to. Onward and downward off the mountain we went. To be fair to him on the map this marked as a state road. Only in New Mexico.
When we finally hit the pavement we came into this little village and I had to take of picture of this church. I love old Churches and you can find your share driving through remote parts of New Mexico.
Look at that blue sky!!
That was a peek into my weekend.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
1 comment:
Looks like fun!!!!
Post a Comment