Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Thankfulness

How are you at being thankful? Do you make thankfulness a part of your everyday life? Are you thankful for just being able to get up in the morning? For being able to breath air? For the feet that carry you where you want to go the minute they hit the floor in the morning?

Or do you grumble your way through life.

The Bible has a lot to say about grumbling and "murmuring" I am not going to quote scripture and verse, you can look that up yourself, needless to say, the Lord is not pleased with grumbling and murmuring. He makes it very clear in His word He doesn't like it. It isn't a good witness to call yourself a Christian and then spend half the day complaining about the life that the Lord gave you.

You may be saying, "well I deserve to complain! My life stinks! My job stinks, my marriage stinks, I have these health issues that stink. I am just one big stinking mess!" Well maybe you are a big stinking mess, but let me ask you this question...Does complaining about it change one thing? I would venture to guess that it does not.

Complaining brings you down, and it also brings people that are around you down. Would you rather be around a person that is always smiling and laughing, or would you rather spend time with ole doom and gloom? I know who I would gravitate to, and it isn't ole doom and gloom.

I think being a mature Christian is being able to have a life that is a big stinking mess, and being able to find some good in it. Something to be thankful for. When you open up your eyes in the morning think of one thing to be thankful for. It might just be that you have a nice soft bed to sleep in. Lots of folks out there do not. Maybe it is the breakfast you can sit down and consume and the hot cup of coffee that gets your day going. Again, there are those that go to bed hungry and get up hungry.

Be thankful for what you have and quit complaining about what you don't.

Thats it in a nutshell.

God Bless and Happy Trails

No comments: