I finally got around to finishing up some projects that have been lurking around whining about not being finished. This is the main one. I have not been able to bring myself to finish this because....I don't like it. Nope I don't. As you can see from the fabric choices...this was started last fall, fallish colors give that away. It is the only project in my quilt guild that I have not enjoyed making. I will never do it again. You had to take a half yard of five different colors, they were cut in so many different shapes then you had to design your quilt using the different pieces. It was a nightmare, like putting a puzzle together. I have never been fond of puzzles. Matter of fact I hate doing puzzles. And this was just one big headache. But it is over thank goodness.....just took me months to get the gumption to finish it....I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my head.
In all its ugly glory...the famous Half Yard Challenge. Goodbye and good riddance.
Pillowcases...these are fun, and I love making them. They are fast and easy and the combination of fabrics are endless. I made my youngest a dinosaur one, it's cute as pie. These are for youngest DD. I had intended to have them done when I did her room makeover, but life interfered...so I did them yesterday. When she gets home from her mission trip she will find these. I can't wait to make more of them. They are just fun.
I have a few more things going like more pillowcases, drawstring bags, and I have started a scrap quilt featuring all the old wranglers that I have cut the legs off
...and the blood stains. I swear somebody or something is bleeding on this outfit all the time.
If I didn't have to cook and clean I could have so much fun!
Well signing off for the weekend. DD# 2 will be zooming this way tomorrow from a week as a camp counselor in the Bahamas. She should touch down in Lubbock tomorrow afternoon. I am thinking I can sneak in a trip to the quilt store before we pick her up. Yee Haw!!
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife
12 comments:
It's about time. Sheesh.
I want some pretty pillow cases! Hmmm, or maybe I'll come over and learn how to make some. I need to learn something useful.
My Grandpa was the King of scrap quilts! I have a baby quilt he made me with pieces of jeans and other clothes. So many memories all wrapped up in those quilts, I think I have 5 of his. And the pillowcases, too! I have a few pair he and Grandma made me. Grandpa would sew, and Grandma would embroider on them. Gotta hold all those pieces dear, because their hands are now shaky, and neither can see well enough to sew anymore. The Half Yard quilt you made is beautiful! I love the colors.
Well . . . in all it's ugly glory, I think it's kinda pretty!
My sis sent the kids pillow cases - they are fun to make and fun to get!
Blessings~
P.
Don't know if you ever have idle hands - do you? They are all beautiful!
I was just thinking I need to make a scrap quilt out of all the old jeans I have! Are you going to do a pattern or how are you going to do it? I made a scrap quilt with a snowball pattern, it's really cute. I'm working on a fence rail quilt with some gorgeous material my mom had bought years ago. I'm hoping I have enough left over to make matching pillows and may even the window valance things for her.
It's beautiful!
Bu then, I like doing puzzles!
Glad to hear you finally got some rain...I think I remember...it's water, right? That falls from the sky??...
:P
BK the pattern I am using is a rail fence as well. Easy peasy.
~M~
Hey BK...how do I read your blog? Can I please be added to your list?
~M~
Never saw a quilt I didn't like and all of your moaning and groaning made for a pretty quilt! And I second the pillow cases - LOVE making those! The kids had them to celebrate things like the first day of school and holidays and the first horse judging comtest and big dove hunt. I got a bit carried away...
Wow - no idle hands in your house. If you ever have a moment I'd surely appreciate a couple of your Ranchwife 201 ways to cook hamburger recipes. I'm blessed with half a freezer of the stuff and have plumb run out of ideas - even a few suggestions would help
Sure, Karin had just asked to read it to ;) I'll need your email address so I can add you as a "Reader". I tell people I have to add them to my elite list LOL your DD2 has my email if you want to email me.
What a good feeling....to finish up a project left undone. It's great! Love the pillow cases too. You go girl!
Jody (who's working on a jeans quilt too)
Post a Comment