I hope that my bloggy friend Gumbo Lilly does not mind this..I love reading her blog, it is so homey and pretty and I don't mean to steal really I don't. But I was inspired by her current post on how simple things are the best things...so that got my wheels to turning and since it is almost Thanksgiving I thought how being grateful for simple things was all part of being thankful. So here goes...just a few simple things that I am very grateful for...
Living way out in the sticks. I am soooo thankful that the Lord provided a way for us to live and raise our kids away from town.
A warm fire in the woodstove.
The smell of bread baking in the oven.
Hearing the horses snorting and rummaging around in the early morning.
My warm wool pendelton blanket on my bed.
Handmade quilts..not so simple I guess but I prefer them to fine art.
Good books.
Listening to the wind blowing through the pines on a rare trip to the mountains.
The way the evening sun shines through my west window in the winter....I have a stained glass cross that hangs in that window and in the winter the sun is just so that it shines through that cross and makes a shadow on my east wall in the living room. It is a good reminder of who died on that cross for me.
Fresh eggs and a good milk cow. Worth more then diamonds and gold.
Holding my little Tadpole.
Having all the kids home at the same time. Getting to be a rare event around here.
Hearing my Dh come driving down the road after a long day..and the jingle of his spurs as he walks up to the house.
Cookies!
It is funny how once you get started the list can just go on and on. I am going to stop now, but I actually could go on and on.
What are some simple things that you all are thankful for?
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
7 comments:
Good friends (both "online" and "on the ground" ones!), my Jesus, my family, living in the middle of no where, my horses, my health!!
You! Wish the men in your household a Happy Birthday for me this month!!!
Laughter, music, giggles, Diet Dr. Pepper, the smell of woodsmoke, pumpkin cake, new socks, garage sales, blogging friends, the list goes on and on.
Love your "simple things". Why? Cause they're simply AMAZING. It's awesome to think about the things we're thankful for. It makes our heart feel good. :)
YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED!! :) Check out my blog for details (and if you haven't been awarded already).
God bless you, M!
Oh so much to be thankful for...What a blessing!
Wishing you and yours a wonderful day.
Les
I don't mind a bit that you chose to do a Simple Things list. I really like yours (I can always relate so well to you). Today I'm thankful for a cheery, warm fire and left-overs so there's no Sunday cooking!
Jody
Thanks Jody, and amen to leftovers!
~M~
Post a Comment