Monday, June 7, 2010

My life has been consumed......

By what? Glad you asked. Lets see.......baseball, we played the last game Saturday in 111 heat. They lost by 2 points. It was sad. But..that officially puts us out for the season, so there is a silver lining in every sad little cloud. Even DS is ready for it to be over. And now it is. I feel free.

My yard. It is taking all the water that I can run to keep the little flowers alive. I refuse to give up. I will keep them alive. I will. I must. We are so dry. It has been so hot. My yard is an oasis in a land of heat and no rain.

My garden...same as the yard. Water water water. The weeds are live and well. We were not going to plant a huge garden this year. Swore we would not. We did. It is huge. It is a lot of work. I get tired just thinking about it. I should be out there with my hoe. It is coolish this morning. We have a cold spell upon us, only supposed to be 100 today. I should be out there. But here I sit...blogging.

We have been invaded by bugs. All kinds of bugs. Bugs that I have never seen before. And I saw a grasshopper yesterday. That isn't good. We have them at times, but not this early. May not have to worry about my garden long. Yikes!

Lets see...a coyote tried to eat my Beagle dog Saturday morning. I saw the whole thing. I ran out in the yard screaming at the top of my lungs, he dropped her. DH came running with his gun, but we never could find him. Sugar is sore but she has finally decided to come out from under the porch. I think she was in shock for a couple of day. Poor little girl.

That same day DH and DS were branding our cow and calves. They had been stomping around in the weeds and then we heard the buzz buzz of a snake. Right where they had been moments before was a rattler. DH made short work of him with a pipe. God is good.

This morning we find oldest DS's most special horse snake bite. Curly Bill. DH gave him shots and said he is pretty sure he will be fine.

DH's mom has been in the hospital having intestine surgery. She had this on Wednesday. We were supposed to go. DH had taken off. Then all of a sudden he had to work cattle. Here at his house. Sometimes......well I just won't go there. She is doing well. Then on Friday they put his dad in the hospital. Same one thank goodness. Made it easier for his Sister to take care of them. They are both better and were both released yesterday. My sis-in-law will stay with them a couple of weeks till they get back on their feet. We will try and head down there on Friday, Lord willing. Give her some relief. It is hard when you live 8 hours away.

All this to say........Blogging has taken a back seat to life. And I owe yall a recipe. I even have pictures. And I will get it done....just not today.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

6 comments:

Shelby said...

golly! 111! that would be miserable. i know we are all ready for ball to be over.

Anonymous said...

Do ya'll have the viscous biting flies??? They are terrible over here.

Ranch Wife said...

Water...water...water...weed...weed...weed. You too huh?! Can't believe those kiddos played in that heat - I would have wilted. Now that baseball is over,you can just kick back and float in the pool. Too darn hot to do anything else. I can't believe Sugar was bout carried off by a coyote! Glad she and DS's horse are OK. Glad to hear DH's folks are home now too. Will continue to keep them in prayer.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh My...been thinking of ya and wondering how you've been. Good to hear from ya. Will keep your in-laws in prayer. Try and stay cool...take care :)

NaomiG said...

Good gracious! That is a lot of different kinds of irritation and whatnot you've got there... hope you make it through with your sanity intact! :-) Hang in there!

Gumbo Lily said...

I am so sorry for the HOT summer (already). I've been there and it sucks trying to make things grow when it's that hot and there's little water.

How sad for your pooch. I hope she gets over her near death experience.

Hoping the folks get well soon. It's so hard when they get sick and you live so far away.

Things will get better!
Jody