
Naomi you were right, smart girl! I predict that as a wedding planner you would go far. Not everyone would know this color right off the bat...I was thinking "guava"..hum..it is a fruit...I think, I don't think I have ever seen a "guava". Pretty exotic for my neck of the woods. Anyway, now that we have established what the color "guava" is lets progress to the wedding shall we?

First order of the day was check the weather. Wind and more wind was in the forecast. This picture was taken mid afternoon and we had 45 mile per hour gusts. It was hot and humid and clouds were building. If you know anything at all about weather in the Texas Panhandle you know that it can be very unpredictable and become very severe in a short amount of time. We didn't even start putting up chairs till around 1 in the afternoon...just in case we had to move to the barn. But the bad weather never came...just the wind. All the gals were having their hair done for the big event in one of the cabins and I thought that is gona be a waste, hope they have industrial strength hair spray.

My Mothers house. The weddings take place in the front under a huge cottonwood tree. There is a pond with water lilies right off to the side. Darts I thought I had pictures but I don't. They are in full bloom and beautiful. In the back of the house there are two cabins and a park area where we do receptions. The reception was held at another place for this wedding...thank goodness.

I took this from the porch. That is 270 chairs folks. Covered with chair covers and then tied with a satin sash. The men folk thought I was all washed up about the magnitude of this deal. According to them how hard could it be to just set up some chairs? Well they never thought about having to center them with the arch the couple would be married under. Having to make an aisle. And they were shamed beyond belief to have to help us put on the chair covers. Matter of fact Ranchgirl and I had to swear a oath not to post a picture of them doing this. We almost had to sign in blood that we would not post a picture of two disgruntled cowboys placing little white dainty chair covers on chairs on which satin sashes were to be tied. They refused to tie on the sashes. But it was worth their grumbling to have them around. They can carry 8 stacked chairs at a time!!!!! I can carry maybe 3. Bless their hearts they worked hard and only men of their caliber would travel for 7 hours and lose all dignity to help their wives put on 270 chair covers.



That's all folks. We took pictures of the wedding for the website....but I don't want to post pictures of people that I don't know or have permission to use. So you will just have to take me at my word. It was pretty. Very windy. But pretty. And I have even decided that I like the color 'guava'.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
P.S. Look for a recipe this week...sometime. And a new RanchWife 101 is in the works.
6 comments:
Ranchwife,
I can see by the chairs alone that this wedding planning was a lot of work. You can pat those cowboys on the back for a job well done. I know that on the northern prairies, cowboy/rancher types get roped into lots of things they'd not like to be pictured doing, but they do it cuz they're REAL MEN! And real men do things like put fussy white covers with guava bows over chairs for weddings when their wives need them.
God bless you and God bless your menfolk.
Jody
Whew - lots of work. Kathy R called last night - I told her ya'll were in their neck of the woods. She said they're just 30 minutes from your mama's place and they've love to visit next time. Glad you're home too - home is always nice.
Woohoo! I love being right. :-) What a gorgeous home, and what a gorgeous wedding!! Love the pictures, you guys did good setting up the chairs.
Enjoyed a first visit here! Come see me when you can.
Very pretty!!
Well you just remind those boys of all the times you were roped into helping them!
I wanna come spend some time sitting on your Mama's porch! That's a rockin porch if I ever did see one!
Post a Comment