Monday, August 16, 2010

The Only Bad Part About This Weekend Was Having To Come Home..........

For people that never go anywhere.....we have been gone a lot here lately. Rodeo's, putting DD on a plane bound for the Scottish Isles. Helping with weddings...Seems like every weekend will see up zooming off into the sunrise, or sunset. But it is all good, cause before long the going will stop and DH will be as he say's "married" to this place yet again.

This weekend found out in far West Texas. Alpine to be exact. It has been years since we have been in that part of the country. DH used to haul cattle up from Mexico and we would go through Alpine pretty regularly. I loved it then, and I love it now. It is just go different from anywhere I have ever been before. You feel like you step back into time, and for me that is a good thing.

My D-son-law was doing the Ranch Rodeo thing, as was my D-bro-in-law and my most favorite nephew. So it was a family event. Unfortunately they all left Alpine with no money and no prizes, but we all had a good time just seeing each other and visiting.



My Nephew



D-son-in-law

By the way I had to lighten all the rodeo pictures on the computer. The arena is covered and in late afternoon it makes for really poor light quality. And the fact that my little point and shoot comes with a not so great flash makes for poor pictures...so bear with me.

Wanna see something that really impressed me???







Yes this is what you think it is. A pretty girl riding a pretty horse cracking a bull whip, jumping up on the back of a pick-up while riding the horse. And then gathering about 4 horses out of the arena and running them up on the pick-up and up the neck of the trailer until they were all on top of said trailer. Pictures do not do this justice. I was impressed and so would you be if you had seen it in person!



Here is Youngest. He won two hats! Seems he is quite the "boot scrambler". This is a fun event for the kids. They have to take off their boots and put them in a pile. Then an adult goes out and throws them around getting them all messed up. The kids are then turned loose and they have to find their boots put them on and run for home. He won the first night, and came in 3rd the second. Hum....I wonder if there is any future in "boot scrambling?

"

One hot, tired, grumpy, sticky, dirty little Tadpole. He has had all of Rodeo he wants for the night. Ranching Momma and her sweet family spent the day and Tadpole and her young'ns had a high old time. The mama's got to visit and they had a high ole time.



Here they are...the lean, mean calf dressing team! Yes that is my oldest son. Much to his shame and disgrace. He was strong armed by 3 women. Women with nothing on their minds but winning a new pair of boots. His sister, his girlfriend and Ranching Momma. Yes for them he would lose all self respect. He would mug a calf while the girls held on and placed a pair of panties on the calf. Unfortunately they were beat. A team made up of all men, yes my nephew being one of them , in my opinion beat them unfairly. I am pretty sure it was a set-up. It is all political ya know.


I have more pictures that I wanted to share but my internet is trying to quit on me.....again. This is a common thing around here. Hopefully it will be in top notch form in the morning and let me upload!

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

6 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Looks like a grand ol' time! Glad ya'll got to go! Love the pictures! Good job N!!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Looks like everybody had a good time! I've never seen calf dressing at a ranch rodeo. Ya learn something new every day.

Jody

Shelby said...

that's neat.

dressing the calf is to funny, new one on me. =)

Anonymous said...

Poor T. I have no pity for him :) I was at county fair with a group of guys and none of the chickens would do the goat dressing with me. Calf dressing sounds funner though!

Rachel said...

We had fun! And enjoyed seeing and visiting with y'all!! :)

Anna said...

I love it! I need to get on a calf dressing team! Thanks for entering my giveaway!