Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How Then Should We Live?



First Thessalonians 4 verse 11 says it plainly and simply......

'that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.'

I love the Word of God.

And I think, how much more simple our lives would be if we read it more, believed it more and applied it more. It isn't complicated. Really. Read it, believe it, live it.


God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

6 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Well said. Sometimes this 'world' tries to take us for a ride and we oughta just jump off...or never get on in the first place. Its a struggle for me to live a quiet life sometimes, but it shouldn't be. I worked with my hands A LOT these past 10 days and they are cracked and sore, but content. I try to mind my own business, but sometimes I just HAVE to know where you found that cute pattern. Seriously though, things do go so much better when we make His Word our highest priority. Thank you.

NaomiG said...

Thank you for this today, simple and lovely, and just what my heart needed. :-) God Bless!

Rain Barnes said...

Perfect picture for the post! What a pleasant thing to open up on a lovely fall afternoon. Thank you!

Gumbo Lily said...

Amen! This is one of my favorite verses. Simple to understand.

Jody

BridgeEtta said...

Jesus chose his closest disciples from those he found working, I always figure if I want him to choose me I better get busy.

Cheyenne said...

I appreciate this. A lot.