Monday, October 25, 2010

Wind..Did Anyone Tell You This Is October???

Have I ever mentioned that I hate the wind? Well I hate wind. The only time I love wind is when you need it to pump a windmill...other then that I can do without.

Yuck.

50 to 60 mile as hour gusts through the afternoon and into the night. The sky is full of dirt. My head feels like it is full of dirt, and it isn't because I refuse to go out. But I have to go out because my DH informed me we were headed to town to do early voting. He hasn't had a day off in 3 weeks, and he just happens to have the time this afternoon and he said we need to take advantage of it being as he does not know what will be going on election day. Strike while the iron is hot.

So we are off to cast our ballots. I will be armed with all my information because it gives me great pleasure to present it at the polling site.....because our great state does not require you to present you information and it makes me mad that they don't so I go the extra mile just to show that I am indeed a legal citizen and proud of it. Only LEGAL citizens should have the right to vote..I just had to get that off my chest. Of course in this great state you can get a drivers license and not be legal which is WRONG as well.

Another thing I felt the need to air.

Anyway..my soap box today is....Get Out and Vote!!!!!!!! This election is so very important. Throw the bums out!

And that is all I am going to say about that.

God BLess and Happy Trails
RanchWife

9 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

You don't have to show ID at the polls? What? Is this because you are a "border state" and can't ask people if they are citizens of the USA?

Chanting with you -- Throw the Bums Out!

Jody

NaomiG said...

Amen. :-)

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

I agree, toss them out and I'll add and steadfastly hold the replacements feet to the fire, in other words hold them accountable and don't ever let up. :o)

We certainly have to show ID here and glad of it!

It's been windy here as well, blowing in a winter storm front< OH! YEAH, detect the sarcasm*wink* I really don't mind winter, it just seems we didn't get a summer at all*sigh*
Blessings,
Kelle

gina said...

ha! new slogan: Throw the Bums Out!!! :)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Amen.

I'm sorry the wind is trying to blow you clear out of NM...we had a weekend of big winds and now it's getting cool...since it's nearly November and it's been in the 80's, I guess that's ok. Take care. Good to hear from you--as always...I enjoy your posts!!

Unknown said...

Amen!! Off to vote on Tuesday!!

BridgeEtta said...

I love you Americans ( or maybe it's just Texans, no matter where you live). I haven't really been following your country's politics (what with fall cattle work keeping us so busy I haven't even turned on the TV) but whatever side your on, I'm pretty sure I'd be there too.

I was always taught the importance of informed voting and have long held in high regard the US Constitution. It has safeguards put in place, so long ago, that we don't have in our country. Still it's only good if the people vote for what's good. Here's praying that they do.

Ranch wife said...

Hey all thanks for the comments.

Welcome Gina and Kelle.

Your sweet Les. Thank you.

Jody..I don't know why just the way it is. It is crazy and it wrong. We were standing in line and a lady came in and said "Oh I forgot my ID is that OK?" They assured her it was just fine and she voted. You do have to give you name and address and they look it up on the computer...what a safeguard huh?

CCC you make me smile. Yes our Constution is a wonderful document, one that I fear is in danger with the current administration. That is why these elections are so important. I am glad we have the priviliage of voting and hope to never take it for granted. Yes I would bet we would be in the same side. :)

~M~

Cheyenne said...

I say Amen to what CCC had to say, as a fellow Albertan.

I'll also tell you that the wind makes me crazy! :)