Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Whirlwind.......

I kinda feel like I have been in one the last several weeks. Not in a bad way. Just a busy way. Lets see.....

Christmas...It was good. As I mentioned DH and I got all our gifts done and wrapped just in time. For us that is a feat. Remember last years Christmas quilt? Well anyway, we did good and gave ourselves a hearty pat on the back.

DS came home, he had a few days off from his job, and we were mighty glad to see him. Plus he had to do some special shopping...more on that later.

As time goes by having all my kids here gets more special. I know the day will come when it just won't happen. They will all have families of their own, Lord willing, and they will need to come first. But for now I am thankful we had the chance to be together.

DH and I celebrated out 27th anniversary! It really is hard for me to believe we have been married that long. We married at 20 years of age. I look back on pictures of us and we looked so young, and I guess we were. But we knew what we wanted and we did it. And honestly neither one of us has ever regretted it. Not to say we have not had our moments. We are both hard headed people.And when hard headed people butt heads sometimes it can get ugly. But.....When we stood before God and promised to love and honor each other, we meant it. Marriage is work. But so worth it. Been kicking around a "marriage" post in my head, might make it here, you just never know. :)

Lots of post that I kick around in my head never see the light of day. I am a bad unfaithful blogger here lately.

Changes. I don't like them much. But I do like good changes..like a new grandbaby on the way. And..............A new member to our family!

My DS proposed to his little Texas rose over the new year! And she said "yes"! We are excited for them. From the time my kids were small I have prayed for their future spouse. Marriage is a big thing. I want it to be a "God" thing. We are blessed with a wonderful son-in-law and I feel very blessed to have this lovely young lady to join our family. Bless her heart, she got to meet a big part of my family over New Years....Hope we didn't scare her to much.

DD#2 is leaving for Bible College in Feb. All the way back to Hungary. Yes Hungary. She spent a summer there a few years back and loved it. So she is headed back there in a few weeks. Pappy and I will miss her. But God put this desire in her heart, and who are we to stand in His way? I have to repeat that to myself several times a day. No really. We want what the Lord wants for each of our children, even if it is hard for us. Our prayer is that they are always in His will. That is the safest place for all of us to be.

And so we enter a New Year. Lots of changes. Many good ones. Many uncertain ones. Gods hand is in them all. I am thankful that He is the one in control.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

6 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

WOW! You do have some big changes coming and all of them Good! Have missed ya on the blog, but totally understand the lack of time, etc.

Happy late anniversary. I love the new look you have on here...very nice. Well, I must go, supper to cook and another basketball game at 7pm. Take care and Happy New Year.

BridgeEtta said...

Wings and roots, that's what good parents give to their children, still it's hard to see them fly. You have a lovely and loved family, we can all see that.

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy Anniversary, Ranchwife! I love reading about couples who are still loving each other after so many years.

Congrats on the Bun in the Oven! How exciting to be expecting a new grandbaby! And congrats on the new daughter-in-love. You've got a big year ahead.

God bless you and your family.

Jody

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Whooeee! Y'all are hitting the ground running! Must be something in the water - January is plumb full up here with no signs of slowing down. Lots of changes, but good changes, changes that are cause for celebration so hang on to your britches cause it's gonna be a busy year!

Little House in the Desert said...

What a wonderful post! So many things to praise God for!

NaomiG said...

Lovely post--so many changes for your family in the year ahead--Wow! But, they're all positive ones, so that's a very nice thing. God is so good to us, isn't He?