Thursday, January 13, 2011

WhooHoo!!

Today was the day that Ranchgirl found out it we were gona have us a little sweet girl, or another ornery boy. And guess what!! We are having a little sweet girl! Yeah, and for the record she will most likely be as ornery as any old boy. I raised her mother. I have another daughter and we don't seem to do girly girls. I kept them in dresses and pink as long as I could and from the time they could dress themselves it was denim and boots.

Anyway we are thrilled. We would have been thrilled with another boy. Pappy and I don't care what we get, we are just thrilled to be getting them. So excited! I can't wait to start on a quilt. I have been dying to make one with 30's prints and now I have a reason.

In other news my weiner dog disappeared this afternoon. I let her out for her daily bit of fresh air and poof she was gone. Youngest was distressed to say the least. We have had her almost as long as we have had him. DH was distressed and trying to be all brave and nonchalant about it. But when I peeked out he was wondering around the barn looking and calling.

Now before you send condolences...we found her. Have I ever mentioned that Ginger has a small weight problem? Well to put it bluntly...she is fat. She is 10 years old and has been fixed, and lives in the house and hates exercise. We have alot in common. :) Well apparently she decided to investigate what was under DH's saddle shop and became stuck. Under the shop. All the compassion that DH felt for her disappeared in an instant when he discovered he might have to actually cut a hole in the floor to get her out.

First he sent Youngest under, he went as far as he could get, they could see her but couldn't get to her. DH said to try food. I came to the house for some sardines that have been in my cabinet for years...Oldest DS tried his hand at trapping one winter..that enterprise didn't last long. By the time I got back out there DH was laying on his back half way up under the shop and pulling. Ginger was making awful noises and he was making awful noises. Youngest was happy his best friend was being rescued from what he was sure was certain death. DH was just as sure that if she found her way in she would find her way out. But being the man he is he pulled her to freedom. I think she may be a few inches longer.

She is fine. After running to the house as hard as she could she collapsed into her bed by the woodstove and is now snoring contentedly.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

Who started out this day by having to rescue DS who had accidently backed his ranch pickup into a very large and deep hole by pulling him out with ole red...so he can't complain about my weiner dog now can he?

7 comments:

NaomiG said...

Yay for a girl... and LOL at that dog!! Haha!

Mikey said...

Lol, picturing your DH under the shop trying to unstick the weiner dog!!
Congratulations!! Babies are the best!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Adding my WooHoo too! Holler if you want me to bring along my 30's leftovers...I will share! Wish you had taken photos of the weiner dog rescue. I think you need to contact John Erickson. I think there's a story for a Hank book in there!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

How exciting! Baby girl tadpole :)

Poor Ginger...what a day! LOL

Countrygirl said...

Ya'll are too funny! I can just picture him trying to work that dog out!

Congratulations on the granddaughter!

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm so tickled for you having a new grandgirl on the way! Congratulations to all of you.

I'm so glad you got the wiener dog out of trouble. Poor lil dear.

Jody

BridgeEtta said...

That reminds me of the time my cowboy had to crawl under our house to fix some pipe. It was that long ago. I was pregnant with my youngest and she is 30.

He was pretty nervous about doing it and the hole he crawled through was awful small. I was in the house and heard a horrible blood curdling scream. When I ran out to check the hole, all I saw was his boots. I asked, are you OK? What happened? I thought the house fell on him from the sound of the scream.

The sheepish voice came from under the house and said, "The flashlight went out".