Is that not just a hoot? I wish the picture was better so you could soak in the details. She loves it. They have 27 head of cows on their place. Remember she does wedding's reunions and a sota of bed and sometimes breakfast, in her spare time. I say that with tongue in cheek, because she has no spare time. Well anyway..remember the cold terrible freeze last winter. Yes we all do. She had her first taste of the "cowboy" way of life..breaking ice, feeding hungry cold bovines out of the back of a pickup. And she did not like it. So J. Her husband brought this contraption home a few weeks back. It has a cab, and AC and heater, radio and her little trip feeder that holds 6 bags of cow cake. It is a riot. It looks like a little space bubble thing going down the road. But the cows know it and they come to the little squeaky horn. Of course DH said they needed to put a siren on it....She was zooming the great grand-kids around while we worked her calves last weekend. Tadpole loves it. Shortcake didn't comment.
Sadness...look at the face everybody was in the action but him....
Just because I though this was a cool picture. Hot irons.
Sitting at the table with the crew.
Waiting his turn.
Youngest at the 4-H horse show. He came in second in his class which earned him a buckle...yeah!
I get so tickled at these things. We have always showed up with just plain ole ranch horses. Let me tell you western pleasure on a ranch horse that is expected to walk out is a hoot. The kids always lapped the arena while the" peanut rollers" just strolled along.
And last a recipe. Yes it is true, shocking since I really had typing recipes.
I love Starbucks. I know that they are liberal to the max. I know they are overpriced. I know all of that OK. But still, I don't get out much and when I do I really enjoy a trip to Starbucks. But....I live 50 miles from Starbucks, and I do have to say that affording a drink from there every two weeks if that is a treat.But if I lived closer I could not, would not, go there because of the expense. So what do you do when you live 50 miles from Starbucks and need an iced coffee? Silly gooses you make it yourself. Oh get your mind working cause this is very very complicated.
#1 That left over coffee that has been sitting in the pot all day....don't throw it out! It is cold right?
#2 Take that cold coffee and pour it into your canning jar. Yes I like to drink out of canning jars and they are handy for this because they have lids.
#3 I love and adore raw sugar. And use it lots. Just decide how sweet you want your drink, I don't add much because I don't like real sweet coffee. Now to add vanilla or not is pure preference. Now add half and half or real cream if you are feeling frisky, until it is the right color or loveliness for you.
#4 Load up your jar with ice, the colder the better.
#5 Place lid on jar.
#6 Shake the hound dog out of it.
Take off the lid, sit down and congratulate yourself for being creative and saving 4 bucks.
You can do the same thing with a blender and after the ice all blends then you have a frapp on the cheap!
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
6 comments:
I loved this post! Your mom's feed truck looks like something we have here. We call it a Ranger. Really great for getting anywhere you want to go (usually). I'll bet your mom loves her new ride!
Loved the pic of the crew at the table with Tadpole in his tall chair.
I had to smile when I read your iced coffee recipe. I do the same thing....cold morning coffee and H&H. Yum!
ha! I think yall just need to move to your mom's place and take it over. Can just see you and DH feeding cows this winter! Ha! Love the picture of Tadpole - poor little guy, and the branding iron! Sorry - just can't do the coffee thing, still makes my stomach turn to even think of drinking it! But I'm sure if'n I was a coffee drinker - I'd love it!!! Been missing you my friend! Love ya'.
Oh and congrats to Mr. N! Woohoo!!!
Love your mom's feed wagon!
That Tadpole is just so darn cute...love that sweet face!
I will have to try the iced coffee recipe...sounds interesting...I am not sure I would like Cold coffee!
Great pics...
I have a question for you... and you may have NO idea. Did your husband's grandparents know any Kidwell's from Amarillo or Stratford TX? I was showing my mom your blog and telling her about your mom in Amarillo, etc...she said my Great Great Aunt, Nora Kidwell and her husband John knew some "Blackwell's". I know it's a crazy question, but one never knows unless they ask!
That pic of Tadpole is darling!
That is SUCH a good idea for making cold coffee. The bad news? I never have cold coffee. I did not realize that until just now. Anyway, perhaps I should brew some after I'm done with my three-four cups in the morning and let it sit so it's ready to go in the early afternoon.
Maybe your Mama will start a trend with that outfit! Too funny! I didn't even know that those cake feeders came that small. Great shot of Tadpole...a true cowboy in the making. Iced coffee? Just cannot drink coffee of any kind, but it's so darn hot right now that it sounds pretty darn good. Gary was reading over my shoulder and saw the photo of Nathan. Said you'll have to start calling him "stretch". That kids legs are long! Congratulations to him! I'm a firm believer that those ranch horses are worth their weight in gold...well most of 'em anyways.
This post is like a good stew...full of all kinds of good stuff! Missed you tonite but hope we can get together soon!
Post a Comment