I have been a blog slacker. A slacker of the highest degree. Confession time.
I have been avoiding electronics here lately. I needed time away. I read an article that for some people disconnecting from the online world was as bad as getting off drugs or booze and I thought OH MY! That is bad. Which made me wonder was I spending to much time online. Because I surely don't want to go into rigors if I should lose my connections to the outside world. And that goes for phones as well.
Now I love my computer and my cell phone. I really would hate to do without either...but I did for years, we all did. When you get to wondering how we did it, does that mean there is a problem?
When I grew up we had a party line that we shared with 4 others homes in the area. And all our phones were attached to the wall and you could not walk around and go outside and talk. You just sat at the place the phone was. We didn't even have a color TV till I left home for college. DH and I didn't even own a TV for the first couple of years we were married "gasp". We actually had to talk to one another! Hummm maybe that is why we enjoy just sitting and visiting with each other to this day.
Anyway....this has been one hectic summer. Good things....a new grand baby, a new daughter. Blessings for sure. And it has been a hard summer. At the end of this month it will be a year with no significant amount of rain. We are over 40 days of over 100 degree days. I have mowed exactly 3 times. Our garden is just gone, and what is left won't produce even with all the water I have poured on it. I finally dried up ole Blue my trusty milk goat. She was getting plenty of feed, but the heat has just taken its toll on her. She needed to rest. They have weaned nearly all the cows out here. Some of those babies were just babies but the cows just all but dried up. The heat has just been relentless. Saps you and makes everyone feel bad. Usually by this time you can feel fall in the air, but it has yet to makes its appearance. Sure be glad when it does.
So the other day I was reading the word and found this in Habakkuk Chapter 3 verse 17....
Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor the fruit be on the vines;Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food: Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls.
VS 18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord I will joy in the God if my salvation.
VS. 19 The Lord God is my strength, He will make my feet like the deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
No matter what is going on in our lives, if we have the Lord it will all be OK. That does not mean we won't have troubles and hard times, those will come, Jesus said they would. But we have to look beyond these circumstances here on earth and see what is beyond. There lies our hope.
Happy Trails and God Bless
RanchWife
4 comments:
That exact verse was in my devotion this morning. Very timely. Almost don't know what to do without a garden or grass to mow this year. I saved 5 pepper plants. It'll rain again...one of these days. Like you said, we have hope in the Lord.Sure would be a mess if we didn't.
I've closed my blog up and am now realizing the true extent I spent online and the projects I didn't get done. It is an addiction, at least for me. I'm still commenting here and there, and I'll do the Twitter thing once in a while, but it's time for a break for me. I hear what you're saying completely.
Great post - our hope is the Lord! And when in His timing He brings the rains - we will praise Him, just like we praise Him now!!!! Love you, C
God bless your days, Ranchwife.
Post a Comment