This is what he wanted to show me....
This is an eight by eight fiberglass water storage tank. Or it used to be. It was completely full to the brim. DH has no idea what happened here. Nor does anyone else. He said it looked like it just blew up. You could see where the water came down in a strange pattern, by the moisture on the ground. His boss had him call out the sheriff and make a report even thought there was no evidence of foul play...the ranch did have a water storage blown up with dynamite several long years ago. The people that did it were never found, so to this day nobody knows why. When DH discovered this one everyone was a litte on edge.
This happening put 60 head of cattle out of water that had to be moved across the highway to the house. DD#2 zoomed over to help her Daddy, She and youngest saddled up, and Ma, that's me drove the feedwagon with the little's. I had cute pictures but alas they were on DD's camera. Tadpole spent much of his time wanting to honk the horn, and operate the radio. "Play Moosizk Ma!" Shortcake just took it all in and practiced waving her feet in the air and grinning adorably every now and then.
A mystery unsolved. Strange things happen here. Sometimes it is a very strange place to live. Youngest said it was aliens. Hum.....Living close to a certain city in NM which has been made famous for aliens you get that excuse alot. Me..I don't believe in aliens. Nope. Now Bigfoot..that is a whole nother ballgame. And I am pretty sure that Bigfoot ran into DH's water storage tank. Maybe they were having a hot tub party and it got out of control? Who knows?
Today my baby is a teenager. Yep, the last teenager that will grace this house has turned 13. Today I feel ancient. Oldest DS will turn 22 next week, and DH will turn....Ok lets just say his birthday is next Sunday and he is a mature older man. I happen to like mature older men so the age thing isn't an issue with me. I just hope he does not go out and buy a motorcycle. Or enter a bronc riding event. Both of which he has threatened. I prefer my mature older men to be able to navigate on their own 2 legs and not have to be rolled around in a wheelchair.
Well I am off to bake a birthday cake, then to town to pick up some boys for the big Birthday bash this evening.
God Bless and Happy trails
RanchWife
PS I have a couple of new readers and I want to say...Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! It just tickles me plumb to death when folks leave a comment.
8 comments:
Wow....I have never seen anything like that happen to a water tank??!?!?! Hope you have a nice weekend. Come on over for a visit and say hi too. :)
Well, for crying in the sunshine! That's something. We have some fiberglass water storage tanks too and have never seen anything like this. Do you think that they ever get brittle from the sun and wind and just bust loose? Ours are stored underground in little sheds due to the extreme cold in winter. I'd hate to see this happen in our water storage sheds. Ugh.
Sounds like you had a fun time of moving those cows with the Littles. They make any job fun, don't they?
Jody
Yep. Strange.
You crack me up. :)
Hope everyone has a great birthday!! :)
That is a very strange thing to have happen. Weird!!
Well good gravy! I imagine if it blew up y'all would have hear the explosion. Gary said he'd never seen anything like it either. Sounds like you'll be celebrating birthdays till the cows come home. It does not seem possible that N is a teenager! Tell DH he's not getting older, just wiser. Sounds good anyway. LOL.
Goodness! Very odd! What do the authorities think? Might have to agree with N on this! Hahaha! Have a good weekend.
Did ya'll get to Amarillo for the Ranch Rodeo? My sis is hoping to get there next year - and of course I'll have to be her trusted assistant.
Such a strange happening, worth the adventure for you!
I'm hoping our water tanks plan on holding tight for a while! :-)
Weird. Personally my money is on the abominable snowman. Maybe he was angry there was no snow in your parts when he wandered on down, and he threw a temper tantrum on your water tank?!
Ha. I always tease my husband about being a handsome and stately older gentleman. He's currently shopping for a Harley. Yeah.
Post a Comment