Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Did I Mention That We Had A White Christmas?????

Well I just had to share some pictures. Snow around these here parts is not unheard of...but it isn't that common either. So I had to share....


This Christmas Eve..it is still snowing. I thought it just looked so pretty.


The lighting is bad here sorry. It was all but dark and they are all wanting to play in the snow. So what do you do when you live where it hardly ever snows?? You repurpose the side of an old dryer into a sled, tie on to the back of the feed pickup and zoom around the parking lot. It got pretty western Christmas afternoon from what I am told...I stayed in the house with Shortcake so Momma could go and play. I don't have pictures of that but I have seen them. Maybe I can snag a few from the girls.

**********If you want a look see, head over to Boots and Pearls blog*******


And here are the Christmas boots!! Pappy finished them two days before Christmas. They were a fit and it made a couple of folks very happy. Worth all the hard work.



Sporting the boots on Christmas morning!


I think they turned out pretty snappy!

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

10 comments:

Sonya said...

Those boots are beautiful! Would love to have a pair someday! We do something similar here in florida when it rains on the grass and we ski behind 4wheelers or airboats! Too much fun!

Countrygirl said...

We look like ya'll did in September and ya'll look like we normally do! Great pictures! Could you meet up with us around the 15th? I've got a cowboy poetry video to do, and may be around Lubbock/Amarillo area. Let me know, may be a day or two sooner.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

First of all, that snow is beautiful! I can't complain, we had 50 degrees and sunshine.
Secondly, Love the boots...I can't imagine receiving a pair of handmade boots...AWESOME!
Thirdly(is that a word?!) LOVE your brands rug in the last pic!

Sounds like you have been busy...you need to rest up!

Home on the Range Exchange said...

The boots turned out great. What a lucky couple, those will turn out to be a great keepsake in years to come.

Mikey said...

What a beautiful Christmas! Love the snow!
Those boots, they are gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Visiting from Gumbo Lily's blog. Those boots are "to die for". What beautiful snow you have. I'm in Utah and we are bone dry. I'd don't mind much except that it would be nice to have water this summer.

Paula said...

That snow is awesome! I'm so glad you got it and we didn't! We use car hoods around here!

Unknown said...

Very Cool Boots!! We have the same rug!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Sounds like we need to brace for more white stuff! DH did a right purty job with those boots and it looks like the happy couple are tickled! Better get started on footwear for next Christmas because I'm thinking kinfolk will be adding their names to the list.

M.E. Masterson said...

Awesome Boots!