Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sticking my head out......

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all jazz. Yes I know it is January 3rd. But I am a bad blog slacker of the highest degree, and I missed saying those things in blog land during the correct time frame to say them.

DD made it home with only one hitch which kept her spending the night in El Paso of all places, due to fog here. Fog. We had not had fog for quite a while and have not had it since. Fog. But she is here and we have enjoyed having her back around the place.

We had a white Christmas. No Joke. Around 12ish inches are thereabouts. It was wonderful, the kids were all here and they had a blast playing in the snow. I have pictures but blogger is so slow to upload and I am too busy today to wait on them, or it. I am not sure if blogger is an "it" or a "them". Anyway they/it don't work so well and I am not going to give them a gold star.

New Years we headed to my Mom's and had a really nice weekend. Oh and DH and I celebrated another anniversary. 28 years to be exact! We had a wonderful day. We treated each other to some new duds and partook of a steak at the best steak house in Amarillo. We feel so sinful when we order steak out. We have a freezer full of beef and can pretty much eat steak on a regular basis, but it is just fun to eat one out every so often.

No New Years resoultions here. But there is a lot of cleaning and dejunking going on...Something about a new year makes you want to make everything fresh. Today I am re-organizing my laundry room. It hasn't been touched in months....it was a scary place. I keep all my sewing/quilting things in there and after the Christmas rush of crafting and such it needed attention badly. I have filled up my Jeep with give-a-ways and the back of the pickup with throw-away's.

Well I must get back to the salt mine.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

4 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Sounds like you have been busy!

So happy your family was all home and together for Christmas!

can you email me? I have a question for ya.
ld_mow at yahoo dot com
thanks and have a great week!

Paula said...

Lets see, I need to start at Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you as well! So glad you are doing great. I've missed blogging but I'm back!

Blessings~
Paula

Ranch wife said...

Hey Les will email asap.

Hi Paula!!! I have missed you! Glad you are back.

~M~

Gumbo Lily said...

All the same back to you, Ranchwife! I'm so glad to hear you had a bunch of good holidays with your family. I DID hear about your snow down south. We were dry as a bone and brown and you, for a change, had the White Christmas -- 12 inches worth! Wow!

One thing I figured out about downloading pics to blogger.....first download Picasa (a picture editing tool) and then upload your pics to Picasa because blogger actually uses it. Somehow Picasa reduces your pics so they download SPEEDY to the web and when you choose those pics, you can choose them from Picasa albums. It's nice. And easy. We have fairly slow internet here and Picasa has really helped me.

Jody