Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh the guilt of it all......

I have a bad case of guilt....non-blogging guilt..in that I am a non-blogger. I think to myself...."today is the day", and today passes into tomorrow and I still have not written nary a blog post.

Bloggers block?? Is there such a thing?

Well anyway...when you have bloggers block you post a recipe. Yep that is what you do..so here is my bloggers block recipe....

First I know that y'all have seen these on Pinterest....yes I do the pinterest thing...I am just "RanchWife" I hate giving out personnel info..I am one of those people.And I know that y'all just have to be on Pinterest as well so come and visit!

As I was saying these are on Pinterest and they are some kind of wonderful. I love them. And so will you.

Chocolate Covered Banana Bites

Melt chocolate chips,I used a bag and about a 1/4 cup to a 1/3 cup of peanut butter in a double boiler or the microwave.

Cut banana's into smallish chunks dip them in the chocolate and place on waxed paper. Place in freezer for several hours..oh sprinkle with coconut if you wish before you freeze... Then place in Ziploc bags and each time you go by the freezer pop one in your mouth! Wonderful!

Blueberry yogurt bites

Simple...dip blueberries in Greek honey yogurt...or any other kind of yogurt plop on waxed paper freeze and bag in ziplocks. Simple and easy and good for you.

Enjoy!

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

9 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Sounds yummy!

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh yum! I think I pinned that one, but haven't made it yet. I have two bananas left so I'm making it. Maybe tonight! Thanks for the recipe review.

Jody

Gumbo Lily said...

I made the banana bites. OH YUM! Thank you.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Well I suppose we'll forgive you, but you still have some demerits on your record although I might be convinced to clear them if you post again sometime this year. :)In the meantime, I will slice up the remaining bananas. I am sans chocolate at the moment. Wonder if I can substitute Nutella!

Ranch Mom said...

Hi, I'm not if you will receive this post because I do not have a blog. I do have a google account and I hope that is enough. I have been reading your blog for several years now and I feel a kinship with you. I am also a Ranch Wife. My husband manages a cattle ranch in Florida. We have been married twenty four years and we have been living on the same ranch the entire time. While raising three children in the owners home we have alot of the same mishaps and funny stories as you do. I have your blog as the first on my favorites and I check it daily for updates. I really enjoy reading about y'alls different ranching style but enjoying the similarities. Thank you for posting and letting me read about your life. If you are interested in our lifestyle you can read more about us on our facebook page at Crooked Lake Ranch. Also my email is crookedlakeranch@verizon.net
Shayla

Paula said...

Then I have non-blogging guilt as well! I have such a lovely new face to my blog and it has said "My 300th Post" for, well, since Easter!

I did spend 10 days in Gallup, NM so I should make that my next post!

Ranch wife said...

Hey Ranch Mom, so glad to meet you. I would love to hear more about ranching in Florida! It would be like day and night to what we do here I am sure.

Paula....no Guilt! You are a busy woman. How did you like Gallup?

~M~

Ranch Mom said...

It was so nice to see that my comment made it to you.
Yes, ranching is very different here but yet still the same in lots of ways. Just this morning we watched as our horses as they were headed to the road because our youngest left a gate open:) I have experienced many times dodgeing mad mama cows and pulling cows out of the mud just to name a few.
I read your blog and "Loving Life at the end of the Dirtroad" faithfully and I do appreciate the post that y'all take the time to write. I am constantly saying to my husband "You know the ladies that I tell you about in New Mexico" and then I explain that we are not the only ranchers that work on Christmas ETC.. I feel like I know you both. I also homeschooled our children and I am a gardener and yes, a quilter. Such a small world...
I really am inspired and blessed when I read the post and see the lifestyle that you lead is so similiar to ours. Although we battle the heat, we haven't had to feed catttle in the snow:)

Ranch wife said...

Ranch Mom. Dirt road gal is a friend of mine. She lives as the crow flies about 30 miles to the north of me. By highway an hour.

Glad you enjoy my blog and thanks for your kind words.

~M~