I actually prefer eating at home anyway. The meal I made would have cost around 50 dollars out..and even if I do say so myself..mine was better. No brag just fact. That is a quote from an old western TV show..The Guns of Will Sonnet. Love that show.
After a wonderful meal we retired into the parlor for a nice classic movie....I love Netflix! Anyway..I am not sure what Lawrence did in Arabia because DH and I both fell asleep on the couch. We woke up to some kind of camel goings on with men dressed in sheets hitting each other with long swords. And we promptly took off to our bed. Youngest will have to fill us in as he must have finished it and is at this moment slumbering away on the same couch. We are an exciting bunch of folks.
We had rain! And snow! And I even walked in actual mud!
This is Vinca and it is everywhere. I need to do a major trim job on it but it is going to be beautiful when it blooms. This house needs a major yard work over. The back is just dirt. It has been empty so long and with the drought what was once there has died. I understand from the locals at one time it was a show place and I hope to restore it to its former glory.
Do you know that having a fireplace in your kitchen is awesome! Well it is. I am in my kitchen at least half the day. Youngest does his lessons at the kitchen table and of course I cook....all the time. So it has been nice to have the fire crackling away. Pardon my fat wenier dog. She likes the fire as well.
Birds...since I don't have any chickens to feed...DH does not know it but that won't be for much longer...shhhhh, I feed the birds. DH says bird feeding is worse then feeding chickens cost wise and you don't even get the benefit of eggs. But I say..pshaw old man! If it makes the wife happy to feed the birds you better just go with it.
Youngest and I have fun finding out the different kinds that hang out here. Yes we are nerds. But that is OK. We are happy in our nerdy ways.
Lets see...I organized my sewing room. My mom..bless her heart "put it together" for me and while I appreciate her help, she did not organize my fabric in a nice color coded way. You know whites with whites, reds with reds, greens with greens etc. It was driving me nuts. And yes I am one of those that my socks must match my outfit. Now is is all nice and the colors are just as they should be. And I dug out about 5 UFO's unfinished objects, for those of you not in the know. I left the other UFO's behind in New Mexico. :) Must finish those pesky UFO's!
Today I head down to Turkey...not to get a Turkey..to Turkey as in Turkey Texas home of Bob Wills and Texas swing , to feed our horses and just get a breath of fresh air and soak in some solitude. Lovely place that is.
Tomorrow I am going to a Ladies luncheon at the Baptist church which is just down the street. And Sunday I plan on running off with DH as this is his weekend to work and he has invited me along. This is the first time he will have it all to himself so I guess he is officially "trained".
And that is all I have for this Friday...I love Fridays.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife, somewhat displaced
3 comments:
We fell asleep during Matt's Love Story on Gunsmoke last night. Woke up and he was flirting with some gal who was not Miss Kitty, and who looked a lot like Olivia Walton.
The snow looks pretty... as I sit and stare at brown dirt. We had a 20% chance for snow or rain, but nothing. I think the weather man is smokin' pot.
I also like the picture of the red bird!
So glad that you got some moisture - mud is grand!! I'm catching up on all your happenings - God is amazing - but He does "stretch" us sometimes! Know that I am praying for you!
Blessings
I'm glad I'm not the only one who cannot finish a tv show...geez, it's like immediate sleepy eyes if I sit down for any length of time!
Love the idea of a fireplace in my kitchen...that would be great.
YEA for moisture~we had snow(the first) on Tuesday...it was a beautiful, wet snow..we had mud. Forgot what that was like, until my guys trapsed in with their boots on...ahem. Anyway...
We are not Valentine people either...I think it has to be the biggest holiday rip off I've ever seen...the joke in our house is...if I ever got flowers for Valentines...someone's belongings are going to be in the front yard, and they would not be MINE! lol
I shall end this long ridiculous post now.
Take care!!
Post a Comment