Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Youuuu Whoooooo......

Is anybody home? Where did that saying come from anyway? I have heard it all my life and when my Aunt would come out to see my grandmother she would always stick her head in the door and holler that very phase.

Well....I am not even sure I have any followers anymore..because it is hard to follow someone who isn't there.

Sorry. I have been here, just not there in blog land. Setting up a new house is something that I haven't done for 20 years and I was 20 years younger the last time I did it. And I must say that age seems to be creeping up on me.

Anyway...I thought I would post some pictures. That is the thing to do when your brain is so fried that you have nothing in the way of coherent conversation contribute to society.

We completely changed country, after 3 years of drought and seeing nothing but rocks and sand it has actually been a pleasant change. Don't get me wrong the drought here is just as wide spread but at least you have a little green to look at even if they are hill cedar...

Should not be taking pictures driving down the highway. Especially when the speed limit is 75! But I thought the sky looked so pretty and blue.

Cedar country...Love the way they smell, fencing in cedar isn't so much fun.

We have 50 acers loaned to us so we can turn out ...our horses and cows....the catch, bad fence. But DH actually likes to fence so it's all good.

He said it was nice to be able to drive a post without hitting rock.

A hat with character...

Second time on board. Both Button and youngest are growing. DH noticed stirrups need to come down a few inches and I noticed it is time for longer legged britches. All this  since before Christmas.

Faithful companion.

Meanwhile around the casa...

These are pot holders and they are fun to make and I plan on making them often...


Having my own space is awesome!


 
Thrift store find! 100% wool with the tags still on made is Scotland!
 
Well I am not sure why my typing just stated typing in the middle of the page..hum... But I guess that is about all I have today. Hopefully I will be a better blogger .
 
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife...somewhat displaced for the moment.
 

8 comments:

little apple tally said...

Good to hear from you. Are you in the snow belt today? Not that you would mind as it is moisture!

Dream of Generations said...

I love those Pot holders! Do you have a pattern or do you just throw them together? I would love to make some!! Have a great day!!

Erin
P.S. I hope someday I find a man who love's to build fence!! :)

http://diariesfromthedirtroad.blogspot.com

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm still looking in on you, M! I'm glad to hear that setting up housekeeping is going well. I thought it was hard just reorganizing a "new kitchen" let alone a whole house! I admire your spunk. Love that new sewing space. Wow, you can really stretch out and throw your scraps all over, can't you?

I'm glad your Hub gets to mend some fences there for you. The thing about fencing is that it's so rewarding. It stays standing for a long time and doesn't go away like laundry and dishes.

Oh, pretty woolly sweater find!

Keep writing. I'm reading!

Jody

Doniene said...

I have to say, that I am just now catching up on your news! I had your blog up and was reading when my daughter came. We visited a minute, then she sat at the computer and began to read - she said "Mom, did you start another blog? This sounds just like you!" - the unsociable part, the part about throwing dog pans and yelling, the part about not liking the neighbors looking in the window!! So, you're on my prayer list - following Jesus makes us stronger - but oh sometimes the learnin' is difficult!

Blessings for you and all your family!

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

Hey Ranch Wife,

I'm glad you're back to posting. It's been fun to see pics of your new place.

Joyce

John'aLee said...

Love your blog. You truly have a gift for writing!

Anonymous said...

I love my pot holders, almost hate to use them and get em' all greasy and gross!
Weird seeing Daddy working in pretty country.

Ranch wife said...

Thank you all for you comments. And Hi to you new folks!

And thanks to you that have followed me for awhile for not giving up on me. Change isn't easy, but I plan on poking my head out more often.

Erin..these are really easy. I might do post on how to do them..I have never done that I shudder to think of downloading that many pictures. But if you go online and type in String Pieced Potholders you should come up with instructions. They are super easy and don't take much time at all.

~M~