Big tired sigh.......
So I have a new job. A new lease on life. A vocation for all to envy. Wanna hear?
I am a Ranch Cook. But you say....RanchWife..I thought you were a ranch cook? Well I was when the boss said cook I cooked. But not full time. And not for very much pay...am embarrassed to say what they paid. A lesser person would have thrown down Allsups corndogs and a glass of water for what they paid..But not I. They never once ate a corndog at my house. Never.
Anyway...In a round about way..isn't that how everything in life happens...in round about ways? I was approached about being a relief cook at a large ranch near where we live. I was excited and was up to it. I need out of this house. I need out of town. I need to see the wide open spaces. To feel dirt crunching under my tires.You get the picture.
Well before I had even did my relief cooking once the job became a full time cooking job! Oh my! So this morning I awoke at 3:45 am....did you catch the am part? Have I ever mentioned I am not a morning person....left the house at 4:20 drove 20 miles then finished up 7 1/2 miles of dirt road. Arriving at 5:00 am sharp....AM Folks.
Yes I had to gather wood for the fire. Milk the cow, gather the eggs. Slaughter a beef. And make bread all before the sun rose over the hill.
Not hardly.
Folks if a body has to rise before the sun. Drive the lonely road alone. And at the end is a bunch of ornery cowboys waiting for a meal...this place isn't so bad.
Just a little sitting area....
Another cozy little nook.
The long long table....
Looking the other way.
Kitchen
If I were a Queen this would be my throne!
And a nice place to take a rest and ponder life.
Sad isn't it.
Happy Trails and God Bless
RanchWife(Cook)
9 comments:
Wow, it is nice! They should just let ya'll live there!
Oh, that is early. How many are you feeding, and how many days per week?
Awesome - you know being a ranch cook has it benefits!! Bless the work of your hands!
How spoiled they will be! Will you be cooking 3 meals every day? I fully expect to be kept up to date on your cooking adventures and recipes!
I wish we could live there too!
Ytsmom it will vary breakfast not many till fall works and hunting start. Dinner around 5 to 10ish. No supper! Whew!
The cookhouse is open 6 days a week for the most part.But it is a slow time right now. So it will vary till fall.
K...that as you know is the hardest part...deciding what to have! I hate that! Yes I am looking for new things to try. Any ideas?
Doniene...thank you!
~M~
Quite a set up!Who are you cooking for?Reminds me of what I heard about a place at Clarendon,Crofoots.Some folks I knew moved there and friends went to see them .Said they were ready to move into the cookshack!
Oh M, so exciting! Jenn told me about this, and boy howdy, so happy for ya! I pray it works out great! :)
Love the cook house!
I love how God provides us with opportunities be in our "element" aka the area He's blessed us with talent! That kitchen is AMAZING!
What a kitchen! Love that range! I'm glad you've found a place out in the country to cook for hungry cowboys. I know they'll appreciate you! Those A.M. hours are EARLY! Do you go to bed a 8:00 now?
Anything with bacon wrapped around it will be a hit for those country men.
Post a Comment