The ranch where I cook was one of 3 host ranch's for the AQHA trail ride/fundraiser. Folks have been filtering in for the last couple of days and this morning I had breakfast for 30! My goodness seemed like the morning would never end as it started at 3:30 for me. I was so glad when I got to the cookhouse to see "my helper", who also was the wagon cook for the noon meal and supper. He is a really nice man and boy did we whip out a breakfast to die for! (If I do say so myself)
Anyway we discussed cooking and sourdough and cooking on the wagon and just had a grand time...food talking. I mentioned I would help him if need be at the wagon.... if he needed help and he didn't have to think about it long before he said come on when I was finished with the clean up and I did.
Youngest was already over with one of the cowboys. They had to replant the fly seems like the cows had made a scratching post of the poles overnight and semi-wrecked the kitchen.
All was put right and the cooking commenced.....
Chopping onions on the "lid"
The real deal....and it gets used. They still pull it out then they wean in the fall and brand in the spring. I think it is pretty cool and wish it was sitting in my yard.
The "chuck" box
Dutch ovens cooking away. Baked apples simmering in melted butter and real maple syrup sprinkled with cinnamon on the bottom. Chicken enchilada's simmering on top...oh my!
Mesquite wood best cooking fire wood ever.
Youngest, wagon cook and cowboy we had to persuade to wear the apron....:)
Trail riders arriving.
Hungry Cowboys
Caught in the act sampling the goods..yum
Just because I thought it was a pretty morning.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
6 comments:
Wow! That's all I can say!
Oh I love it!
Now that's a fun experience. Love it.
So cool! Looks like ya'll are having a great time! Miss ya'll!
Awesome! You are so blessed to have those experiences!
That looked like a fun morning!
Post a Comment