It's Friday! I love and adore Fridays. Fridays make me happy. I have two whole days that I don't have to set my alarm to the ungodly hour of 3:40. Yes that is an odd time but believe me I have getting ready to leave for the ranch at 4:20 down to an art. Every minute counts.
This morning I was hit by a deer. I didn't hit the deer. The deer hit me. Crazy deer. I saw him and his family browsing in the bar ditch and was fully aware that they were there. And then for no good reason he decided to cross the road. Oh no! Not again! I started slowing...he kept coming. I started pulling off..he kept coming. I swear he was aiming for me. Then thunk he ran right into my drivers side. I heard his horns scrape the windshield, he stumbled and then turned and ran off into the night with one horn a little crooked on his head. Other then another lens biting the dust no damage. My poor little jeep has had 3 deer accidents...I called DH and told him to be careful coming out...he comes out and eats breakfast more often then not..that there were mad crazy deer all over the road and since he just got his new work pickup yesterday he might need to pay attention.
He came into the kitchen about an hour later and declared that he didn't see not one deer on the highway for the 26 miles of highway that I drive. Maybe I dreamed I hit a deer? Yes of course like I dreamed the big Angus bull on the side of the road on Wednesday morning..which I called to inform him of and he didn't see....Sometimes I wonder just what he does as he is driving. Maybe it is better that I don't know.
Not only is it Friday but it is supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow!! And I think that will just be wonderful. We are dry and need some tank water and some nice winter weeds would not hurt a bit. Hay and cake are getting expensive.
How is that for a rambling about nothing post?
I am tired and need a nap.
Later gators
God Bless and Happy Trails
~M~
1 comment:
I'm thankful for your rambling post. I've been waiting to see a new blog post pop up on my sidebar. Glad to hear you're still cookin'.
Post a Comment