Thursday, February 19, 2015

Resurrecting Old Friends...

Today I decided that I had been missing two very old friends of mine. I have neglected them and put them off, to the point of hiding them away in a dark closet and even worse one I hid away in a storage container! It was not even worthy of a dark closet in the house! What was I thinking?

These old friends of mine have stuck by my side for years and years. They once graced the top of the cabinet in our old ranch house in N.M. I have fond memories of each of them. One I bought from a little lady who had had it in her garage for years! The other my DH husband bought for me with our income tax refund one year. When you see what she is you won't think that is very romantic of him. But let me tell ya...it was a pretty darn romantic thing for him to do considering that when a cowboy gets an extra cent to his name it usually goes to "cowboy" stuff.

Would you like to meet them? Well of course you would....Drum roll please.
 Mrs. Bosch! Mrs. Bosch has been a part of the family ever since DH, who felt sorry for me came in one day and say me beating away at a lump of bread dough the size of a new born calf,  asked me how much they were,as I had been hinting around that I sure did need one. When he came up for air,,due to the price mentioned, he said order it. And I did. This little lady has made more bread then I could even count. She looks a little rough now days but she still works like the work horse she is. I love my pretty mint green Kitchen Aid..but let me tell you..Mrs Bosch can out work her any day of the week. I love you Mrs. Bosch and I promise to let you out of the closet more often!

Next meet this old friend....


Mr. Grinder. I wanted a wheat grinder for a long time. They are expensive. They were expensive years ago when I bought this one. I was thumbing through the classified one day and they was this advertisement for a wheat grinder. Well as fast as I could get there I drove to town 50 miles away because I just knew that there would be people lined up around the block waiting to buy this grinder..I had the mistaken concept that all women in America wanted a wheat grinder. It had to be their dream right! It was mine! Well I got there all out of breath from driving determined I would have that baby if I had to go all un-Christian and beat the tar out of some lady that was trying to horn in on my grinder buying..No body was there. No flocks of distressed women. No cars, no crowds...just me, and the little old lady that had it in her garage for....well"I can't remember how long dear". I pounced like a cheetah! Paid her the money and lugged and I do mean lugged the thing back to the house. It weighs a ton. It takes up lots of room. It is loud. But oh baby..does he grind some wheat. I love him. And I promise Mr. Grinder that even though you may have to still live in the container I will bring you out more often.

And I did put Mr. Grinder in DH's boot shop to do my grinding this morning. But I don't think that DH will mind when he comes home to homemade bread.

Why yes that is a large stainless steel milk bucket! Don't the finest chefs use milk buckets for all sorts of things in the kitchen? If they don't they should!

The final product..


This will make someone a happy camper when he gets home tonight.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm glad you got reacquainted with your old friends. I have a Bosch that my hubby insisted I buy many years ago when I was baking 4-5 loaf batches of bread. WOW, did I love my Bosch and I still do. It's still my workhorse and I use it for everything. Works great (with whip attachments) for pulsing big batch pie crust ingredients just right.

I've never had a wheat grinder but my friend did and she loved it. She always ground her wheat outdoors due to the noise.

Your Cowboy is going to be thrilled with the bread!