Wednesday, September 14, 2016

What Does “Part Two” Mean?

Years ago I started  blog. I wrote about life on a cattle ranch, raising and homeschooling 4 children. How to be married to a cowboy..lol. A lot about cooking, quilting and gardening. And also about my walk with the Lord.
Things have changed. Three of the four children are married. We have 4 grandchildren with number 5 due to arrive in May. Youngest son is still at home but in a year or so he will spread his little pigeon wings and fly like the rest. Through a set of circumstances we left the ranch in New Mexico after 20 years it was the hardest thing I believe we have ever done. We moved back to Texas.
I wish I could say the last three years have been easy. But I can’t. It has been different. It has been trying to adjust to a way of life that is totally foreign to us. We left a big big backyard to a small spot in a small town. My husband left a job and a lifestyle that he loved to a job that he tolerates. Have there been blessings? Yes! My husband is healthy! His heart condition through the grace of God and the good doctors that He worked through fixed his heart right up! We own our own home. The town where we live is small and it is safe. We now own a few head of our own cattle. We take care of a small family ranch so it keeps us in the game so to speak. I still garden and raise chickens. I still quilt. And I still cook. Matter of fact I now get paid for it! I cook three days a week on a cattle ranch not far from my home. Just can’t get away from that cooking!
So this is “Part Two”. I don’t know what “Part Two” holds. And I am glad. I am glad that the Lord has all that under control and in His capable hands. I have wondered what will I write about now? Part one was a wild and crazy ride for sure! But then I think just because it is a different life it is still life! And life is sometimes hard, funny, sad and sometimes just goofy. So that is what I wrote about before and that is what I will write about now. And of course I always have an opinion on just about everything.:)
So dear readers….not sure how many if any of you are left out there. But I miss you. Here we go again.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife….thought of changing my name but just couldn’t do it!

No comments: