I was just wondering if anyone had noticed the wind? Since I have been in the sick pen awhile I have just been lurking around the blog sites hoping for something to cheer me up. I have gotten a hoot about the topic of wind.
Ah wind. There is wind, and there is NM kind of wind. We that abide in this glorious state are used to wind. But we are not used to this kind of wind in January. No this is reserved for late February and March, and April, and May and sometimes the early part of June. But I think this January wind has everyone perplexed, thus the many "windy" posts. Ha windy posts, get it "windy". OK bad joke. Anyway this is not the norm, even for here. But it sure is getting old. It is funny how it seems to send both man and beast into the deep depths of depression. Just yesterday DS was sitting here with a wobegone look on his face. He looked at his dad with sad eyes and said, " Just why did you move us to this place?" DH looked right back and said with a tearful quivering voice, " I just don't know son, I just don't know." This is one of those," you kinda had to be there," times to get it, but it was a sad moment. And on top of that DH has been trying to feed, and his cows have left to parts unknown. And people say cows are dumb. Think about this...the cows are brushed up somewhere trying to stay out of the wind. Who is running around driving like a manic, siren blaring, in 50 mile an hour wind gusts? Sit and chew on that a bit, I think you'll see my point. There is this joke about who is smarter, the cowboy or the cow....but I will leave that for another day.Just kidding...I love ya honey,and you are wayyyyy smarter than a cow!
Anyway I have a funny wind story.....bet you never would have guessed that I would have a story.
Well once along time ago. We had a trampoline. It was a large one, and it sat outside our yard . One lovely spring day....the wind was howling the sand was blowing, just a typical spring day. I was sitting in the living room crying, moaning and begging the Lord to take us out of this cursed land..Not really, I am just feeling dramatic today. But I was in the living room. All of a sudden I heard the most awful noise. I honestly thought one of our 3 trees had blown down and fallen on the roof. It scared me to death. But then I looked and all three tree's were still there. What in the world? I ventured out to the kitchen porch, and low and behold I saw something dangling off the corner. What was it you ask. I will tell you..it was the trampoline. Sure enough. It sat about 20 feet from my kitchen, over across the yard fence. The wind just picked it up and tossed it on the roof. Well what to do. I did what all good ranch wives do when a job that that they just can't handle comes up. I called my DH. I just love cell phones. He answered and I proceeded to tell him of our situation. Do you know what he asked me??? He had the nerve, the gall the...I can't think of anymore describing words right now...He asked me if I had been drinking! Yes drinking! And just what does he think I do here all day when he is gone, sit and swill beer! I mean I was hot, and I told him so. And he backed up pretty fast let me tell ya. After I gave him the what-for, several times. He said not to worry he was on his way. You better be on your way...drinking, I swear.
In a few minutes here he comes in a cloud of dust...it seems that Dh is always consumed in a cloud of dust, kinda gives you an idea of how he drives, and why I don't like to ride with him. Anyway back to this story. As I was saying here he came. Coming to a halt in front of the house, he gets out scratching his head, and looking at the trampoline...on the roof of the kitchen. " Well you were right," says he. Well what did he think? I mean did he think that I just made up this story? Why would I have done that? And if I was gona make up a story I think it would be something more exciting ....like a UFO sighting or that I saw bigfoot looking in my kitchen window. I could have come up with something with a little more pizazz then the wind blew the trampoline up in the roof. Good grief.
Well he stood scratching and looking for a few minutes. And finally crawled up the TV antenna pole and pushed it off the roof. It come down....but not all in one piece. a leg here, a leg there, and a big hole ripped in the center. That was the end of that trampoline. We bought a new one a few years later. I think the Lord was showing us we didn't need one when the one we had blew up on the roof. But being hard learners that we are, we bought another one a few years down the road. That one didn't blow away.We kept a rope tied to it, and if the wind got up someone would be elected to go and tie it to the yard fence. But....it did cause not a little bit of a problem as Nathan fell on it just right and knocked out 5 teeth. We do not have a trampoline anymore.
Ah yes the wind. Every time I read in the Bible about the " mighty rushing wind", I almost think that the upper room had to be in NM.
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Cinch ya hat down on yer head, ya hear
Ranch Wife
3 comments:
Ugh. Wind. I have to say, the wind may be one of the very few things I hate about New Mexico. Next in line are mesquites and the State Authority. But that doesn't matter. I have been having problems with the wind. That mainly being the electric fence right next to the Pecos River and next to abandoned farmland. Yes, that is right. I have an ultimate weed greenhouse and a wall of salt ceders to catch all the weeds and make them pile on top of the fence. I won't tell the whole story, that is for my blog. I have to stay on top of that blogger guilt ; ) But I understand the wind problem. All 18.5 years I have lived here hasn't gotten me used to it. I just adapt.
Joshua
Wind and blowing, drifting snow in Nevada - ya'll must get the wind after it leaves here, but the snow stays.
It's another storm day and night - we may get up to 18 inches in this one! I have been thinking of a snowmobile to get back and forth to school! It's crazy - but thank you, Lord, we need this moisture! I think in the 12 years we have been in Nevada, we have had 2 snow days - this year alone we have had one full day, 3 days let out early or started 2 hours late; I don't ever remember canceling basketball games for weather - they have canceled a bunch so far. We may miss tomorrow too.
Glad you're feeling better, take care of yourself.
So what did the doc say? Please get well!
My video was successful! After it was over, there was not a sound except sniffing! So many people came up and said they enjoyed it. I felt this story needed told and all the glory goes to God, because everything just fell into place after praying! Thanks for the encouragement.
Post a Comment