Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Belated Valentines Day and other stuff.

I am consumed with guilt. I have been reading posts from all my most favorite bloggers and I feel guilt. For one I have not blogged. Yes I know the guilt, its all about the guilt. Another thing is I have not blogged about valentines day. I have let the day of love slip by with nary a thought of blogging about it.
I started the day getting up before the sunrise. You might think that it was to cook my dear family a huge breakfast of heart shaped blueberry pancakes, with fresh from the tree hand squeezed orange juice. Well...you can think that, but it isn't the true reason. Actually I never even thought of making heart shaped pancakes, or even round pancakes for that matter. The real reason was very simple. My bladder just couldn't lay there another minute. There you have it. But... DS was leaving for a day of fencing about 70 miles away and I wanted to give him his Valentines day candy before he left. So see I am not a total bum.
Shortly thereafter I had to ride to work with DD. She will be legal next week, if she passes her driving test. I think she will....I hope she will.....Please pass your test!!!!
Finally back home. DH had taken the little fella with him. Nathan, Ginger and Rambo. One little boy 2 dogs and one man, who may be postal before the morning was out. Oh well....It is good for them to bond.
The house to myself I commenced to...eat bon bon's? Watch trash TV? Go back to bed, eating bon bon's and watching trash TV? I think not! I cleaned, I washed clothes, I made chocolate dipped strawberries, and Key lime cheesecake, cooked dinner, and got a head start on supper.
Dear husband, who by the way presented me with a wonderful gift certificate to go and have a massage, came in and offered to take me out to eat. That sounded like fun, but the thought of the crowds just wasn't a huge turn on for me. Then the phone rang and a dear friend invited us over to eat and have grown up conversation. We happily accepted and with one cheesecake in hand and a few strawberries off we went. We have instructions from our loving children that we must behave and our curfew was 11:00 PM....or else.
We made it home by 11:15. I thought we were gonna have to stop and have a nap about 10 miles from the house. We were having a very weird conversation. Can't even remember what we were taking about. It was way way past our bedtime. But at least the kids were all in bed when we got home, so they didn't know we were 15 minutes past curfew, yikes!
And that was our Valentines day.

I am going to try and post some pictures of quilts. I have been on a quest to finish up some projects that I have laying around. I have told myself..no more fabric till I finish things that I have started. And a quilt show is coming up over in Texas that I really want to go to, so I am trying to be good. Anyway here they are.
Here is my contribution to Valentines decor. This was fun and fast to make.



This was a block challenge that the guild I belong to...well challenged us with. We started out with the basket pattern and it was up to us to do the rest embellish, fabric etc. It was an ok kind of thing to do. I don't think embellishments are my thing.

I have had this made a while. It is the flying geese pattern. I made it with civil war reproduction prints. The pattern was used as a map during the civil war. They would hang it out on the line and which ever direction the geese were pointing was a sign to the underground railroad to travel that direction. Neat huh? Just so you know our bed belonged to my great-grandmother. It is well over 100 years old. Dh had to modify it to accomidate our queen size matteress. I love old stuff.
Well there you have it. Kind of a boring post. But I just don't feel inspired. I went and had my massage this morning, and now I feel kinda like hot butter. I think I will go and melt up on my bed for about half and hour or so. Have a great day!
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Ranch Wife

Stay tuned.......An Ode to Sourdough......soon to to published.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do wish I had one of your pretty creations.........

Countrygirl said...

Yeah! Me, too! Ha! They are very pretty! I like the Valentine's one. Very festive! So nice to hear from you again, I guess 'your age' has something to do with not getting on here as much! Ha! Ha!

Ranch Wife said...

So glad that you were guilted into sharing another post! Only one complaint ~ now I feel guilty! (Seems this is quite contagious) I am so impressed with your amazing quilted treasures! I need to learn how to do that...will you share your quilting know-how expertise? I sense that I am about to be bitten by the quilting bug. Even stopped in at the quilt shop the other day ~ they are staring beginning classes in March.

Ranch wife said...

Jennifer~ I told you, that when you moved you would have a house warming gift.

Countrygirl~ I happen to know that we are the same age.....so there! Ha HA

Karin~We have to move past the quilt, you an only child, and I the oldest child, it has been our burden to bear for far to long.
Quilting class huh? What will they be starting with do you know???

Love to you all,
Ranch Wife

Joshua said...

I think I was the children that made sure you understood your curfew and now you are BUSTED! No going out for... umm... a day! Go sit in the corner.

Joshua