Ha, I bet that got your attention. I couldn't resist. But it is true. How true you may ask, very true. I have been hard at work in the barn all day....stripping. OK not that kind of stripping, you people and your warped minds. I swear.
No I have been stripping a desk. A huge oak desk. A huge oak desk that I found at goodwill for 20 bucks. Said desk is covered in brown paint. Old brown paint. Old brown paint that does not want to come off. But after hours or work, and packages of sandpaper and a whole quart of paint stripper, I have finally gotten the top stripped. Now that just leaves the front, the sides, and all the drawers....
I can't wait to get this done. I have the neatest idea..Hopefully I can show you in a few days. Hopefully it will be cute. At this point I am not to sure.
I have to post a picture of our new "media" center. Doesn't that sound just sooo preppy. "Media" center. I just call it a TV storage thingie. But I am very proud of it. DH built it with his own hands. Yep he did. But the knobs aren't here yet, and I want you to get the full effect so I will wait.
Well I have had a glass of tea, and a few bites of chocolate and feeling refreshed I am once again off to the barn for more stripping.
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Ranch Wife
10 comments:
1) I suppose I don't have TOO much of a warped mind, cause I had to read the sentence over a couple times before the light bulb blinked. Call it sheltered. Or blonde. Or both!
And 2) It's a little chilly out to be doing something like that!
Can't wait to see pictures! I've got my mom hooked on coming to read your posts, and we're both getting such a kick outta what you're sharing simply from the day-to-day. :-) Thank you!
Have a blessed day!
Being out in the barn alone all day the mind thinks of funny things, or at least mine does. " The stripping in the barn",was just more then my weird mind could stand, just had to share.
Actually we were in the 8o's the last couple of days. Very very weird for this time of year.
Glad yall are enjoying the posts. It is good therapy for me. I tend to be to serious...seriously...this has been a wonderful outlet for my......strange sense of humor.
I am thinking that a mother of 8 would have so many things to blog about..hint hint.:) :) :)
Have a great weekend.
M.
LOL! See what happens after you spend a day in town with the YH sisters!
Can't wait to see your desk and the 'media center'!
Uh-hem! Well I can see by the title of this post that you have not changed any! New Mexico is no better for you than Texas! HA! Ha! ha!
I wanna see pictures of the finished product! I have to say, I'm a little depressed about my sourdough starter. It seemed to be really bubbly and doing what it was supposed to be doing the first 24 hours, and now it just looks like....nothing....I'm beginning to think it hasn't been warm enough for it? I started it on Wednesday, and it isn't bubbly or hardly smelly at all. Any suggestions???
Leanna
That is what it does. It is ready to use. When ever you add back it will bubble and such again, and then settle down. You need to use it once a week and stir it every day. Can't remember if I told you are not.
Try it and see what happens.
Don't despair...it is temperamental stuff at times.
M.
Leanna,thought I would tell you this as well. It will be pretty mild at first. It gets more sour as time goes by. Personally I prefer it mild. It can get very overpowering. When it does I just use it more and that seems to help.
M
Leanna
That is what it does. It is ready to use. When ever you add back it will bubble and such again, and then settle down. You need to use it once a week and stir it every day. Can't remember if I told you are not.
Try it and see what happens.
Don't despair...it is temperamental stuff at times.
M.
Leanna
That is what it does. It is ready to use. When ever you add back it will bubble and such again, and then settle down. You need to use it once a week and stir it every day. Can't remember if I told you are not.
Try it and see what happens.
Don't despair...it is temperamental stuff at times.
M.
Leanna
That is what it does. It is ready to use. When ever you add back it will bubble and such again, and then settle down. You need to use it once a week and stir it every day. Can't remember if I told you are not.
Try it and see what happens.
Don't despair...it is temperamental stuff at times.
M.
Post a Comment