Yesterday it was 70 plus degrees. The wind was howling and the dirt was blowing down my road. Then in the early evening the wind started to turn to the north, and she hit with a bang. The temperature started dropping and kept dropping. And by 9 the snow was flying. Welcome to the Land of Enchantment!
The poor horses were all lined up at my south yard fence butt's toward the north, shivering. Poor things, they thought winter was over. Buck poured out their breakfast to them and they looked very happy about it. Then he went and gave the heifers theirs, they mauled the feed truck and chased him till he banged out their cake. I wonder how many babies made their way into the world on our cold wintery night? It has been in the 70's and low 80's all week, will they calve? No, they like to wait till it is cold and icy.
The good news is, this is supposed to blow out by noon. Actually if It would rain I don't care how long it stays. It is so dry, and the fire danger is extremely high. We were spoiled last year by all the wonderful rain we had. This year isn't looking so great.
Well that is about all I have to say on this cold morning. Kinda boring. Maybe I will feel more inspired later.
Have a great day.
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Ranch Wife
2 comments:
I should have waited to read your reply! I caved, I dumped the starter and now I will start all over again. *sigh* Who says I'm antsy???
Actually, I think it's a good thing. So it's not bubbly unless you're feeding it? Check. And, it will look kinda plain and slimy? Check. I'm gonna try again! I'll keep you posted. No pun intended.
-LeAnna
Leanna,
Go ahead and start over. But yes It will bubble and when you stir it down it won't. You might let it stand in a warm place for 4 days instead of 3 Let me know. I hope you didn't feed it to your dog!
M
Post a Comment