That song has been going around in my head for days. There is so much truth in the verses of that song.
"On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."
If Christ isn't our rock we are indeed on sinking sand.
I have been thinking about the future and where we are going as a country, as individuals, and as the church. I have to say if you look at it with your spiritual eyes...things aren't looking to bright.
Our country is in a mess. Everyday we are losing freedoms. Everyday more horrible crimes are committed. Everyday we slid more and more into the cesspool of filth and moral decay. What used to be called wrong, is now called right. And what used to be called right is now called wrong. And we are supposed to be tolerant of sin, instead of calling it what it is...sin.
As individuals....we, I, compromise everyday. I fear the "world" has a hold on us as Christians, and we don't want to let it go. We like our movies, we like our TV programs, we like our music, We like our books. And after all...they aren't really that bad..are they? Do we fear God? Are do we look at Him as just a big adorable heavenly brother up in the sky, that just loves us and wants us all to be friends? Yes God loves us, so much He sent His only Son to die for us. I couldn't do that. We cannot imagine that kind of love. But...God is also a God to be respected, feared. He is holy. We are to have a reverent, holy fear of Him. I feel if we really had that reverent holy fear of God, we wouldn't compromise so much in our personal lives.
As a Church....I don't know if I even want to go there. I am grieved by what I see. I do not see many Church's founded on the Rock. I see many churches founded on the sinking sand. I see churches that are more interested in entertaining that preaching the life saving gospel of Jesus Christ. I see churches that don't want to offend, so they water down the gospel of Jesus Christ. I see churches and church leaders that preach flat out heresy, and are not called to task about it. If it makes people feel good, preach it. Sure don't want to step on any toes, or hurt anybodies feelings.
I was in the Christian book store Saturday. Now I love bookstores, because I love to read. But I have to say...I was more that alittle disappointed in the selection being offered. This is a huge store, a big part of it is decor,,but that is another rant, and I will leave it alone today.
I just didn't see much there of substance. I mean when you have Joel Olsteen in the #1 spot for top selling christian books...something is amiss. Sorry to those of you that are fans...but you really need to check his theology. But it is a fact. We seem to want to read everything...but the Bible. And the funny thing about that is, the Bible is the only book on the face of the earth that we can trust. It is the inspired word of the Most High God. It tells us all we need to know. It is a life manual. A how to do life book. But we ignore it. Why...because it is black and white, with no shades of gray. And we don't like that.
Now I am not saying that we should read nothing but the Bible. There are many many good books out there, both fiction, and non. And it is a help to read an encouraging book. And it is relaxing to read a good story. But the key here is...does it build up and edify your soul? Or does it tear it down and make you discontent with your life? And do we replace the Bible with books of men? I personally don't want man's opinion. I want Gods opinion. Check out everything you read, if it does not line up with scripture don't read it. A wise women in my Bible study class once said," You can bet if it is on the best seller list, it isn't worth reading."
What I have been running down a rabbit trail trying to say is this. Build your hope on the solid rock of Christ. Our world is on the sinking sand. Everyone of us that calls ourselves a Christian will go through..something. It will be different for all of us. Death, sickness, money troubles, depression etc. But we will face hard times along the road of life. Place your trust in the Rock. Not in a Church, not in a man, not in something someone says on TV or in a book. But on Christ. On His word. I fear the church today is not ready for what lays ahead. We have strayed from our first Love.
Matthew 7:24 talks about the solid rock. The house built on it stood when the storms came. It had a strong foundation, the Rock. But the foolish man built his on the sand, bad doctrine, foolish things of the world. And when the storms came his house was washed away.
Don't be the foolish man. Build a good and strong foundation so that when the enemy comes, and troubles come your house will stand.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
The Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus name.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh my I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ the solid rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
3 comments:
Amen, Auntie M.!!!
So many times I try to convince myself that, it's not gonna hurt me. But if it is not building up on my Faith with Christ, it is tearing it down. I always have to remember, "What is not done in Faith, is sin."
Amen!
Thank you for your very timely words of wisdom! I need this reminder more often than I care to admit. The voice of the world is persistant; however,it is no match for the Voice of Truth.
Post a Comment