Hello all, I am still here in little ole NM. Been busy busy this week. Spring cleaning and such.
Today we are taking the day off and going to Lubbock. Oh the quilt stores, oh Mardel's
Oh the tool sale, that DH and DS want to go to. I think Sara and I will hang around at the bookstore during that visit. Ha Ha
We may go to the Ranching Hertiage center as well, and maybe the Science Spectrum, gotta do the homeschooling educational thing.
Well gotta go, Lubbock is 3 hours away, and if we want to do anything at all we gotta scoot!
Have a great day!
Ranch Wife
4 comments:
In honor of you, I might just go by Lubbock tomorrow. You know, I am just spontaneous like that.
Negative. Lubbock is not my destination. I was wrong. Well, I hope you had fun at the bookstore.
Woe is me. I tried making sourdough biscuits the other day and they turned out like lumps of baked dough. Heavy. Doughy. Dull....
Does that sound like a bad starter? Like maybe it didn't do the leavening it was supposed to? I fed it and thought I would try again this week. I was careful not to stir the biscuit dough too much, but that's almost what it seemed like, overworked and heavy. They tasted like dough too, like I took flour and water and made a thick paste and ate it by the spoon full. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating, but they weren't tasty. Brandon said:
"The bottoms taste good."
DuH- because they were baked in pure butter....*sigh* You wouldn't happen to be hosting a quilting/sourdough making retreat at a real working ranch would you? Sign me up. Don't worry though, I'll make sure I eat all of Jennifer's food....
Hey Leanna,
Sorry that it didn't turn out. Try again and see what happens. When you put in your tsp of soda did it fizz and get foamy? If it didn't it proably didn't age right. If it did, then it should be OK. Another thing is...they need to rise just a bit. I usually rush mine cause I am usually late getting things done. But they seem to be better if they rise some. Don't give up, there is an art to it. There is info about sourdough online. And I think I mentioned this to you in a post,and it never posted...there is a book called the "Encylopida of Country living." It is by a lady named Carla Emery. It is a huge book, but it tells you anything you ever wanted to know about gardening, raising animals, simple living etc. And she has a section on breadmaking, and it includes sourdough. It is a worthy investment. I have had mine for years, and I don't know if they are still even in print, but it wouldn't be hard to find out. Do a goole search, my answer to everything.:)
Yes I would do a sourdough baking/quilting retreat and since I live on a real working ranch...well that makes the location a given. And I would feed you as well...as long as you aren't picky!
Have a great day!
M.
Post a Comment