Yep, the day has finally come. This has been almost like having a baby. Let me tell ya! About 9 months ago my youngest dear daughter came up and asked has Daddy and I if we would let her go to Hungary for the summer to a missions training program. We just sat and looked at each other, and then sat and looked at her, and then went and found the globe and found Hungary. And then we asked her why. She said because she felt the Lord was calling her to go. How do you argue that? Well being the smart mouth that I can be I popped off and said,"well I guess if the Lord provides the money you can." Oh ye of little faith! I never thought that this child could come up with $3000.00. Well....guess how the story ends? She has worked hard,and picked up extra hours at her job. Saved and skimped like crazy. And the Lord has laid it on several different people's hearts to help her out. And now tomorrow she will be on a plane heading to Hungary, for 7 1/2 weeks.
So we are leaving in about 2 hours for the great state of Texas. My mom and step-dad having had a hankering to see eastern Europe so they will be traveling over with her and staying about 10 days. And she will fly home alone in August. The fly out of DFW at 11:50 tomorrow morning. DD has never been on a plane, and she will be in the air 12 hours. Her first plane ride will be a doosey.
Anyway if all you blogging buddies would keep her and my folks lifted up in prayer, I sure would appreciate it a whole bunch! This will be a wonderful trip for her, and I know without a doubt that this is a God thing...but it is a mama thing to want to keep all her chicks close, so be praying for me and her dad as well. We know that our kids really belong to the Lord, not us..but wow it is hard to let go...
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
8 comments:
Good Momma! She is in very capable hands, she was His before He gave her to you! We will continue to keep you all lifted up in prayer! Have a good trip and tell her "God's speed!" for us too.
I think it is so awesome that Sara has this chance! When God provides a way, He provides the rest, too. I've been reminded SO much here lately how He is faithful to complete that which He has started in us. We'll be praying that Sara will come back refreshed and renewed in His spirit and that He will use HER for His glory!
But not just that, we'll pray He keeps your Momma's heart at peace too. ;)
How awesome for one of God's young people to hear His call and make it priority. As a mother, I am nervous for you, as a Sister in the Lord, I am proud of you for letting go.
Blessings to you!
Your daughter is to be admired...at my age, I'm still not sure I wouldn't argue with God on taking off like that! Will keep you and your whole family in prayer as she travels and you anxiously await her arrival back home. What an experience she will have. Keep us posted on her travels....
love the new look!
Do you like the new look?
What a precious gift you have given that child! A heart for the Lord is all we could ever want for them! Sara will be in my prayers daily, as will you. Certainly not easy letting our chicks spread their wings, but as you once told me ~ she's a ranch kid, she'll be fine. The good Lord sent her over there , but she did not go alone ~ she has the perfect traveling companion in Him!
I'm proud of Sara and proud that you and dad are willing to allow the Lord to work His will in her life. If it's any consolation, I would have loved to send my oldest to accompany her!!Ha!! And I LOVE your new look! Glad you're home safely.
Post a Comment