Rain! Yep yesterday afternoon we were watching the clouds and it seemed like they just got closer and closer and sure enough after a sprinkle here and a sprinkle there it rained. I mean really rained! What a blessing it was to go to bed last night listening to the rain patter on our tin roof. And the smell this morning....there are no words to describe it. We only got around 9/10's but oh my how blessed we feel today! It is amazing how it has lifted everybody's spirits. So I am praising the Lord.
It has been and all around good day. First the rain. And with the exception of my little globe trotting daughter, all my kids were in Church with us this morning. There is something so peaceful about having all my kids sitting in Church on a Sunday morning. Makes me count my blessings.
Then we came home and DH and I "chatted" online with DD for over an hour. You know there are so many things about this internet world that we live in that is really bad and out and out evil. But I am here to tell ya, what a blessing to be able to talk to my daughter if not daily, then every few days. Sure does help a Mama to touch base with one of her chicks that is out of the nest.
And now I think DH and I will take off and go see a movie. We haven't gone and seen one in several months. So we are thinking that we will just make and break and go.
Tomorrow I get to start the week off with a 'Girl' trip to a quilt shop. Cottonpicker and Dirt road girl will be over here at 8ish am and off we will go, a short road trip of 55 miles and then we will be in quilt heaven for a few hours with a hearty lunch thrown in for good measure somewhere down along the line. What a way to start a Monday!
Well I better get off and get around. Have a great week.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
5 comments:
Huray for the rain! Ya'll have a fun girl trip today!
Happy, happy day!!!! Rain always smells sweeter when it is longed for!
Enjoy your day with sweet friends!
God's timing is perfect in everything!
We could do with rain where I live, too. So I'm glad it fell for someone. But I found your blog when I was looking for people who like Christian novels. If you enjoy novels by Frank Peretti, may I share quickly about another suspense story, "Outcasts Of Skagaray".For a free preview, there are sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog, if you want to check it out, is http://threeswans.blogspot.com I would be delighted if you read and enjoyed the novel, but whatever happens, I greet you in the Lord. Blessings.
Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you and your family receiving the much needed rain.
I hope that you gals had a Great day at the quilt shop and eating dinner that you did NOT have to prepare!!!
Yes we desert rats know how to appreciate a good rain!
Now as for that road trip...did you say 'short'? snicker....
Post a Comment