Saturday, June 14, 2008

What an extremely weird feeling it is.......

To have only 2 kids in my house. It has been a very very long time since I have only had 2 and nobody else. It has made me think about what will happen when DH and I are down to just 1! And then...eventually none! Oh my now that will be weird.

Of course I do expect a passle of grand kids when the time is right. And just so everybody knows. I do mean a passle. I am not sure if "passle" is even a true word, but it works for me and that is how many I want. I think it will be a neat thing to have a passle, and even neater that we get to enjoy them and send them home for all the hard stuff like..shuddering...potty training. That was the worst thing about being a mama for me. It was just not pleasant. I would rather change diapers...but alas a teenager would look pretty silly walking around in a diaper..soooo potty training it was.

But really it has been weird. And the cooking. That has been very different. I mean I usually double everything. And sometimes triple, but with just 4 of us I make a regular amount. I don't even know how to make a regular amount...it looks so.....small. I can't tell that the grocery bill has gone down any though. Spent the paycheck yesterday and felt like I could have carried it in in a couple of sacks. Ha Ha

I have some flowers to plant, and grass to water before it hits the triple digits. I think I am fighting a losing battle...but you gotta try, right? DH told me yesterday he would take me to the Farm store if I needed to buy more flowers, I told him there was not any use as I was having a hard time keeping the ones I have alive and that I wasn't going to get anymore. And he looked so sad, I thought it was odd and I asked him why he looked like that. He said well everything else looks so awful and dead and dry, I just like driving up and seeing how pretty the yard looks. Awwwww That made my day...so I bought another flat of various posey's. With that I bid you all adios.

Have a great weekend and hug a dad or a father or a husband
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife

9 comments:

Joshua said...

I will be over today. I promise! I know, I can't replace Sara. One, she is a girl, I am not. And two, I am just too much trouble. But hey, I can at least take up a little space! haha. I do agree with Buck though. It is nice to drive up to a pretty yard. I bought my mother a flower bush for Mother's Day and planted it near our front door (actually it is the back door, but whatever). It is still green and it actually bloomed! That is about the only good green, bloomy thing around. You do have a nice yard though. Oh, and mulch does wonders to keep things alive and cool. FYI.

Griff

Pat - Arkansas said...

I agree with Jenn about your husband's comment; so sweet, and so unusual. You've got a keeper there!

Yes, there is such a word for a 'whole bunch' of whatevers. It's even in the dictionary, but is spelled "passel;" means a large number and is a variation of the word 'parcel.'

I already have a passel of grandkids, 17 at last (and very likely final) count, since my youngest girl child is now 47. My grandchildren range in age from 40 to 3-1/2. That last one is a doozy!

I know you're missing your world traveler but, from her blog posts, she's having a good time, even if she is grossed out with nude statues and paintings in the museums. I laughed out loud at that! Guess I was also shocked by that when I was 16.

Hope y'all have a nice Father's Day, and that you get your poseys planted.. and that they will survive!

Countrygirl said...

I know what you are saying, with ds staying at the ranch in the bunkhouse, I dont' hardly cook at all. DH doesn't eat on nights when he's working - I try to pack extra stuff in his lunch. Usually he's too tired to eat. I think we are getting a trial run for "being just us 2". It's okay, actually it's never the 2 of us, we have the dogs and horses! Ha!
Your dh is a good guy! He confirmed it with the yard comment. But we always knew that anyway.
Have a wonderful Father's Day.

Ranch wife said...

Thanks to you all.
Griff you are welcome whenever. but don't be expecting a coconut cream pie today, I jest ain't in the mood.:)

Pat...17 grandkids! wow that is awesome! I want at least that many. And thank you for looking up the word, and correcting my spelling~GRIN~ it is not my strong point, and neither is typing, so put the two together and you never know what I will come up with. Sometimes my spell check just refuses to work. :)

C. I told DH years ago that I could live on fish sticks and cereal with a steak thrown in for good measure. But alas the fish sticks get fish farmed in China, cereal is like caviar with milk price wise I mean,that leaves me steak. I guess if my teeth hold out I will be OK.
Yep he is a nice guy when he isn't being a stinker.

~M~

Paula said...

Home is supposed to be a man's haven . . . I think yours feels that way!

cottonpicker said...

Three more days and counting.....and I will be down to five in the house! And I assure you it won't be weird!!Ha!

Joshua said...

Well I shall say Ranch Wife, you are beginning to slack. Blog slacking is like having slack at the end of your socks while they are in your shoe and I KNOW you don't like that...

Joshua

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joshua.No one likes slackin' socks.

LeAnna said...

HAHA....The above two comments cracketh me up!
I HATE it when my slacks start slackin' in my sock and shoe space.

Slacker.