The nip in the air this morning and last? Wasn't it wonderful? And the sky is taking on that fallish look. I just am loving it. Yesterday I even bought a gallon of apple cider, I just love that stuff. You know the kind that has floaties in the bottom? YUM.
And I have had this almost uncontrollable urge to cook something with pumpkin. Oh and apples, I am craving a fresh mountain apple pie. And maybe a whole bunch of apples to make apple butter. I adore the smell of apple butter simmering on the back of the stove....it is so..homey.
Isn't it funny how the simplest of pleasures are what make our lives so much more. I feel sorry for people that ignore these simple pleasures, because they really are a gift from the Lord.
The other day I was watching that mom swap thing on TV, no I do not normally watch TV in the afternoon, but I was at deaths door with a bad cold, and I was desperate to get my mind off of how bad I felt, thus the whole afternoon was dedicated to 'What Not to Wear' and that mom swap show. Well this one family was so shallow. It amazed me. All they did was shop. And I am talking about expensive, Rodeo Drive kind of shopping. The Mom went to a family that was not rich, or into that kind of lifestyle. They actually spent time with one another...outside. They were into horses and such as that. Of course the rich mom thought that the kids were wasting their potential, blah blah blah. The other poor mom was brought into this other family where it was all about money, and things. The more the better. And they were hateful people. Very rude. I just sat there and wondered...what would happen to the rich shallow people if heaven forbid they lost all their money, and had to shop at second hand and thrift stores? If they lost all the material possessions that they owned would they even be able to go on? It is a very true statement that there isn't any trailer hitches on hearse's.
I don't ever want to be that way. The Lord has provided just what we need, and I always want to be thankful for what I have, and not sit around brooding on what I don't.
I will take the smell of apple cider simmering on the back of my stove, and a pumpkin pie baking in the oven any day, over the most expensive perfume. And I will be grateful for my small house, that sometimes gets to full of people. Because it is those people that make it a home.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
3 comments:
Yes as a matter of fact I did feel the nip in the air which is a sure sign that Jack Frost is circling the neighborhood. But my pumpkins are not quite ripe and if it freezes anytime soon, I won't be able to make my pumpkin bread which is what I'm in the mood for. So there you go!!
Mmhmm! It's been getting nice and chilly at night and in the mornings and it's been great. I made apple turnovers the other day, yum. YOU did tell me to eat an apple...ahem ahem ahem. :D
I watched a wife swap similar to that a while back and was absolutely amazed that people could be that shallow about name brands and stuff like that. It makes you wonder if they'd just crumble into a heap of nothing if their money went bye bye. And where is the genuine good in people? Just goes to show you that without a true understanding and love for the Lord there is none.
Nope - no feeling of fall here. We had record highs today. David said it was below 32 last Thursday but I was at my folks house so I didn't get to feel it.
Glad that it's coolin' off there, we are supposed to next week.
Miss ya'.
Post a Comment