Happy Fall everybody. I am so happy that it is fall, as it would seem that everybody else is as well. I wonder why we all love fall so? I think it is just a homey comfortable season. This season seems brings us closer to home. Summer is all about going and doing...well for some of you..for some of us we never get too very far from home in any season. But summer seems so wide open and big. Fall seems so...peaceful. Maybe it is just the instinct that the good Lord gave us to start settling in for the long winter ahead. To everything there is a season right?
I spent my first day of fall working in my yard. I mowed and cleaned flower beds and just generally straightened up. I like for everything to be in order before it gets cold. I like to take out all the old wilting flowers, and get ready for next spring. I planted a couple of bunches of mums, gotta love those mums. And I have some pansy's that are going into the flower box under my kitchen window. Hopefully they will live all winter. I bet they will, our winters are not really very harsh.
Now I am in the mood to bake. Not cook, like meals, that is no fun. But bake. I bought a couple of new cooking mags the other day and they had some real good recipes in them I just might have to try out.
Of course I have several quilting projects that I want to do. Like a nice fall table runner. And I am still working on Ds's quilt...but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on that one. I will post a picture..one of these days soon, hopefully.
Warning.....somewhat of a rant coming...I was reading the news on the computer. I don't watch the news, or listen to it. Why? because I get sick of how biased it all is. We don't get Fox, so we are left with the others and they are far to the left and I hate listening to them. So I read the news. Well the newest dirt that has been flung on Gov. Palin as I am sure you all already know is this. I guess they had a skit on Saturday Night live and it was implied that her husband was being inappropriate with their daughters. I was appalled and it just made me mad all over that someone would do that in the name of comedy and think it was funny. Tasteless and rude doesn't even describe that kind of behavior. If the tables were turned and it has been about the other candidate you can be sure that heads would be rolling. It is a sad state of affairs that they can attack a family like that. Makes me sad that some people in our country have sank to that level.And what makes me sadder is that some people would think that some idiot on TV making jokes about something like incest is funny. That is just sick. I even tried to email NBC and give them a piece of my mind, and I could not get it done. It just kept redirecting me to this place and that place. I did hear that they were overloaded with complaints so maybe that was the problem. I will never watch another program on that channel. I don't watch much TV anyway, and I sure won't be watching theirs. Well I better not get started on anymore of this....because I could go on and on, and I am sure that you all would get really tired of it after about 100 pages or so. :) :)
With that I bid yall adios, for now
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife
6 comments:
I'm baking pumpkin bread even as I read this. I too am in the baking mood - not cooking mood. I froze some of my homegrown banana squash so when the snow flies.....well, it will be waiting. Nothing like pumpkin bread to say....FALL!!
Happy fall to you, too!
I love Fall too. I love Apple Cider, pumpkin bread, cool evenings and mornings, pumpkins, corn stalks, mums, good coffee and especially the beautiful colors...do you get to enjoy the colors there? I'll get some pics and share if not. I noticed yesterday, some leaves are starting to fall and they were the prettiest Red...which I seem to be most partial to!
I like your Sarah Palin rant. I could not watch the Saturday Night Live thing because it made me so mad. It is so very hollywood that they go after her like that. There was a letter written and published by an actress on a full rant about Palin and how evil she is and how we should fear what the world would become if she won. And I thought this actress is barely 21 never graduated high school, never lived in the real world-grew up in Hollywood and for some reason thinks that she knows more and is more right and just than Palin. No matter what political side you are on why do all these actors think that they are supposed to be the ones choosing whats right and wrong and telling us what we should think as well? Ugh really annoys me! And you would probably be really upset is you read the article about them condemning her for being invited as the Gov of Alaska to speak at a Christian school graduation and the feact that she charged 400 dollars on the state expense account for her travels to speak at the graduation-how dare her speak at a Christian school! and she told the graduate to go out and spread the good word of God to Alskans. So she was wrong for speaking as gov. and charging the expenses!!!!!!! anyway I have taken up enough room on YOUR blog! sorry I just don't let it out too much about politics on my blog because a few family members take it as a personal attack. Thanks for letting me vent. I know I sound silly, sorry! hahahaa
We don't have a tv right now, and I wouldn't mind keeping it that way for another two months or so! It makes me so mad when predominately democratic owned television stations do stuff like that. It made me mad that the major stations wouldn't even AIR the Republican Convention and we had to watch it on the Public Broadcasting Network. UGH. I don't believe anything I hear off of the tube, because it's all so biased. No more than I believe the FDA is truthful or the FBI is honest. And I refuse to get cable because it's all garbage with the exception of the cooking shows and a few others. So, so, THERE!
Ahem.
I love pumpkins, especially roasting their seeds. Yum.
I love this time of year, except for my soar throat, runny nose, swollen eyes, and constant cough - did you give me this cold all the way from NM?
I love the smell of coffee in the morning - sitting on the back porch watching the sun come up (not that I've done that lately) - and I love the colors so much that I decorate with them all year long!
Blessings!
P.
Post a Comment