Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Monday !

Hope yours started better then mine. Oh not to grip...but. I was supposed to cook for the crew today. Late yesterday in anticipation of this glorious event. I placed a mess of beans in the crock pot. And seasoned up a roast that is the size of a small cow, and got it roasting away in my handy dandy roaster oven. How did I ever live for years without a roaster oven? Anyway I plugged in my friends, and let them work all night while I laid in my bed in sweet slumber. I would get up this morning, make a few sides, and a dessert, a couple of gallons on tea. They would come and consume it in about 20 minutes, and my day would be complete.

Well this morning, I don't think I even became conscious when DH got out of bed. I don't do mornings...well not ones that start at 3:00 am. I an usually comatose at that time of day. But up he got, roused up DS, and about the time he got the coffee going, I know this from being told, not because I was the one doing it..remember I am still comatose. The phone rings. At 4 this morning the phone rings. Did I mention that it was 4? Did I mention that I was slumbering peacefully. Did I mention that there is a phone right by my side of the bed? It only rang once so I knew that DH had picked it up. I promptly descended back into my coma, and the darn thing rang again. Rang once, DH picked up. Again I let the coma over take me. Then, yes you guessed it it rang again! Three times between 4 and 4:15 in the morning. I mean to tell you this was putting me in a bad mood. So since I didn't want to subject my DH and my DS to my bad mood, and the rest of the family later in the day. I decided that the best thing that I could do was just sleep it off. You know for the sake of mankind and all. So once again...I nodded off into la la land.

Then all at once my eyes popped open. I was in a panic. I looked at the clock. Oh my it was 7:30. I could not remember if DD had to work today, or not. I needed to be in the kitchen cooking...they were going to eat at 11, and here I was in bed..sleeping!
I jumped up....well not really jumped. I usually do an almost kind of falling thing out of bed. It takes me a bit before all the limbs and joint get to working. But I got up threw on my clothes. Well not really threw, due to morning stiffness I don't really throw on my clothes anymore. It is more like I kind of slide into them. Then proceeded down the stairs. Ahh the stairs. We live in a very very old house, with very very steep stairs. And sometimes me getting down them in the morning is kind of like a train wreck. I just get going and can't stop until I land at the bottom. I always hope that my feet are where they need to be when get to the bottom. Makes for a better day, and no bruises. Anyway, I opened the door. Yes we have to door that is at the bottom of the stairs. I told you it is an old house. And there before my very eyes lays DS on the sofa asleep, and DH in the recliner...asleep. What in the world!

I thought oh my gosh, they missed work, and they are working here, in his country! DH woke up, and I asked him what they were doing here, and not in the pasture. He said didn't you hear the rain? And of course I was in a coma, and told him so. Evidently we had a small shower, barely even got the bottom of the gauge wet. Soooo the boss called off the works for today. Drats, and double drats! They are going to aim for tomorrow. Drats again. Tomorrow is my quilting day. Drats!

DH told me to put all the food in the fridge, and just feed it to them tomorrow. So that is what I am going to do. Ha They will be eating leftovers. My DS does not call leftovers, leftovers, he calls them scraps. So yes they will be eating scraps. And good for them! It will be Ranchwife justice that's what! They have done this to me twice now...and they will be sorry! Scraps upon their head I say!

Well with that I bid you all adieu. Have a great day, I know I will.

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife...who is feeling somewhat guilty for her rant...but not guilty enough to delete it :) :) :)

8 comments:

LeAnna said...

Well at least you're not feeding them gummy leftover steaks from a worked-up-before- slaughtered steer!
I will forever remember that story.
Scraps upon their head, indeed!
:P

Joshua said...

The gummy steak will indeed always be in my memories along with sympathy for the guy with no teeth. Well, I went to bed at 2:00 this morning and did not get up very long ago, so I am having a kind of crummy day too.

Joshua

Anonymous said...

I told John that you probably had the crockpot and oven going all night. Scraps upon our fair-weather cowboy boss-man!

Paula said...

I need to read the post about the gummy leftover steak!

Dude - don't mess with a woman's quilting day! Scraps to 'em all!

PS - I was having a grumpy day and my #1 DS asked if we could start the day over. I gladly accepted the offer!

Paula said...

By the way - I love the layout - I love the picture - and I need to know how to make biscuits! Mine are terrible!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I'm with Paula...what's up with the gummy left-over steaks?!?!?!? Do share, someone please!
How dare anyone interrupt your quilt day? Sometimes people are so thoughtless. (smile) On the positive side...enjoy the rain even if it's just a little!

Ranch Wife said...

Rant away dear friend! I would probably growl at them too. The nerve of the male gender! Don't they know to never get in the way of a quilting woman? Just leave a little quilting pin in a particular chair. Sorry, I am feeling rather vengeful this morning.

Ranch wife said...

Just to let you all know...they ate their scraps with glee, or so I am told by my DD who graciously stayed here to heat up the said scraps while I went to my quilt workshop. Gotta love a daughter who would do that for her poor mother.

Ahh the steak post. The one where I confessed of the awful thing that I did to two poor tooth challenged cowboys. I can't remember the name of the post. But it you would like to find it just go to "older posts" and take a look it is there somewhere. I think I hit the 100 posts number a few posts back...but it is there somewhere...much to my shame. But like cottonpicker...confession is good for the soul.

Paula, I will post a most wonderful biscuit recipe, or maybe I already did..hum.....can't quite remember. But right at this moment I am bleary eyed. My children seem to have infected me with the cold that they brought back from Texas a week ago....yuck.

Blessings

~M~