It is now 7:30 AM. I have been awake since 3:45 AM...I have whipped out breakfast at 4:30, saw DH and Youngest DS off to work cattle at 5:00 and made sure Oldest DS was up and fed and out the door by 6:30. I have drank my coffee, read my daily bible reading and devo. Sorted the dirty clothes, sorta straightened the kitchen and now I am very sleepy and needing a nap. A nap at 7:30 in the morning! How lovely would that be? But alas it just can't happen. So I am keeping myself awake by blogging...about....hum...really nothing....just random thoughts and ponderings.
We went to two church services yesterday. It was a strange day, not the church services, they were fine...we were just so out of our box and routine. Which DH loved. He hates boxes and routines. I am more of a routine kinda gal. But I digress. Youngest DD has been going to youth group at the local Presbyterian Church. We are not Presbyterian...we are more like disgruntled Baptist...that attend a Calvary Chapel. Nothing against Baptist.....I come from generational Baptist stock. It is just a box that I have never fitted in very well. But that is beside the point. The folks DD works for invited her to the youth group at their church and she has been attending and really enjoying it. Matter of fact she will go on a mission trip with them in June to the Texas coast and help with construction in a small fishing town that was destroyed when Ike came through last year. as part of their preparation they had what they called Youth Sunday in which the youth lead the morning services. It was really a neat thing...and very beneficial for them as far as learning about leadership in the body.
After that was over it was too late to drive to our regular church so we went down the block to the small Baptist church, my DH really likes the pastor there and they were having a mini-revival of sorts with some really nice fiddle music, that a man from Angel Fire NM provided. It was a nice service. And they invited us to stay and eat dinner, which I am always in favor of. Baptist women can cook that's for sure. I always love to eat someone else's cooking. I get pretty burned out on my own.
We came home. DH gathered his horses to be ready for today. And then we zoomed over to see our little Tadpole. We got there just in time as his mama and daddy had horses saddled and were going for a little ride....of course we encouraged them to leave Tadpole with us so they could have some alone time, and they did. Tadpole and Pappy and I sat out on the porch swing and just lazed away until they came back.
DD had just started supper....can you believe that I ate two meals that I didn't prepare in the same day! Wow! What a treat! When a cloud of dust came barreling down the road and in it was oldest DS. He had been in Texas all weekend helping my brother-in-law brand some calves. And since he was in the neighborhood he decided that he would stop by. Of course it being suppertime and all was just the extra incentive that he needed. That and he needed some Tylenol. It seems that he broke his nose. They were loading a bull and he was the trailer gate closer, the bull didn't want to be in the trailer and proceeded to kick the gate which flew back and popped DS right in the snooter. It hit him dead on which I guess was good. At least it didn't push his nose to the side of his face. But it was very swollen and he has a couple of small black eyes. I told him that we would splint it with Popsicle sticks and tape...but he wouldn't take me up on it. Can't understand why.
We came back home...DS decided to come and spend the night and leave for work from here. Sat around and visited for a while and then made a hasty retreat to bed. And I felt like I had just laid down when the alarm was telling me it is time to get up. Yuck.
Well if I don't get off this thing and get around and do something productive I may just fall asleep right here. I need a nap.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
9 comments:
Good gosh lady you're making me feel extremely lazy... I didn't get up until 7:30 today! Yikes! And we have cattle in now too! Ugh oh well I will do my share of getting up early later this summer
*blink blink*
Excuse me while I go get out of my pj's... :P
Sounds like you had a joyful and "filling" Sunday! I'd love to hear fiddle music at our church..but alas..that's an area I get into trouble for delving in to :(
So I listen to it at home ALL the time!!
Your porch swing looks wonderful! Now sit in it from time to time!!
Glad to hear things are good your way and thanks for the link to yourpastor's messages...I'll be sure to link up to it.
Thanks for watching Tadpole while we rode! :)
Ouch, I bet DS's nose hurts! Glad that ya'll are branching out and blessing all those other denominations!
Tadpole's pictures are so dang cute! Have fun spoilin' him.
Is DD#2 ready for the trip? That's a neat mission.
Countrygirl...he is pretty sore...but it hit him dead center and could have been much worse...$ 3000.00 worth of dental down the drain, thank goodness he didn't lose those high priced teeth! It is a tad crooked...but may just be from the swelling. He refused to go have it checked out and he is gone and mostly grown so what do you do?
Yep that little rascal is a cutie. He is starting to smile and make cute noises. And the great thing is,,when he frowns and makes ugly noises you can give him back to Mama and go home.
Yep S. is ready for the trip. I guess Ike just totally destroyed that small town, I think it is a small Asian fishing community. They really need a lot of help. I am all for foreign missions...but sometimes I think we neglect what is on our own backyard.
~M~
I am tired just reading this. What time do you got to bed. I must be a sissy, because I can't even imagine getting up that early and then NOT taking the 7:00am nap!
BTW - I had a friend break his nose and the Dr's shoved 6 ft of gauze up his nose to pack and set it! Yikes!
Amazing what you can accomplish before the sun rises! Alas, I'll take my chances - I prefer to be sawing logs at 4 in the morning.
Fiddle music at church, rocking your grandbaby, and enjoying meals not prepared by you...doesn't get much better than that!
Hope DS is recuperating from his run in with the trailer gate! Makes my nose hurt just thinking about it!
What a busy, busy Monday! Don't you just love taking care of your Tadpole? This grandmothering is awesome.
Jody
Post a Comment