Friday, May 22, 2009

What a day! What a week...And I do not want to be a wedding planner

It took me all week to recover from the wedding. Yep it did and it wasn't even mine. I just showed up for mine...I highly recommend doing that. Less stress don't ya know. I now know that I can narrow down the list of what I want to be when I grow up and let me tell ya...it isn't doing weddings. The wedding turned out simply beautiful. My Mom did a great job with the planning and all..she kinda likes that. And I am glad. She and my Aunt, my 89 year old grandmother and youngest DS did a snapping good job with it all considering the hail, the rain, and a token tornado Friday night that had us in a tizzy hauling chair, tables, and fine linen table cloths up on the porch for the rehearsal dinner. Not to mention driving every vehicle we owned and stuffing them in the barn before the hail got all our windshields. But we got it done. We woke up to rain Saturday morning..and thankfully it worked its way to Kansas before the evening. The sun came out and it was beautiful. Chilly, but beautiful. Sunday we loaded more chairs and tables to be hauled back to the rental company. Cleaned up and Youngest DS and I made out way home. It is a long drive. I know " Hank the Cowdog, and the case of the Cookie Monster" by heart. Do you know how many times you can listen to that on a 7 hour trip? 14 if you count the trip up. I will most likely make a trip by the library for a more well rounded group of Hank's for the next road trip.

In other news I am pooped. Have been all week. Came home to a clean house and all the laundry done up though thanks to DD. She did a good job of running the show and taking care of her Daddy. I have been gardening and trying to get something to live. Anything I don't care..just something has to live. I may have to resort to.......okra...and you all know how I feel about okra. I brought home tomato plants today to replace the ones that just sat there and died the day after I put them out. I had to pay $ 3.50 a piece for the darn things and if they don't live I will kill them. :) Highway robbery I tell you! And you can't find them in the nice little six packs like they used to come in..oh no.. you have to buy them in these environmentally safe peat pots! Bio-degradable they say on the label. I am so tired of the downgrading of things I could scream. ~ SCREAMING~ I went by my favorite store to buy sewing thread In Amarillo when I went through. The thread has gone up, and the spools have decreased in size. Does that make sense? I am surprised that they are not rolled up on peat moss spools so the will be ~biodegradable~. I just got mad all over and left in a huff.

But guess what...It is raining. Not much but it is cool, cloudy and it is a tad wet. DH is hoping that it is just priming the pump so to speak. And DH bought some dogie calves to put on our milk cow. Alas one has the scours...the darn little critters. They do all hale and hearty and then all at once, boom they get the scours and they are gone. He is still pretty feisty. DH is doctoring on him..he has weird concoctions that he concocts. He is like a mad scientist. He will never know which one works because they are all different. I hope he doesn't go on over. I hate losing calves.

Hum...oh yes we are going to babysit Tadpole tonight!!!! Mama and Papa want to take in a movie at the local movie theater and we were called upon to watch T.P. Of course we are having to drag ourselves over there....what a chore.. :)

And with that I must run and change my shirt. I seem to have acquired a muddy bosom..while carting in the tomatoes in the " biodegradable peat moss cups."

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an adventure! You're doing better than I am with the gardening, I didn't get ANYTHING planted this year. Nothing. Nada. Pitiful isn't it! I just don't have a green thumb :( Glad to hear you are getting rain, send them over here, P L E A S E!!

LeAnna said...

LOL, biodegradable peat moss spools. HAHA!!
I hate how everything is getting smaller and going up in price. Diapers are doing that, too. I wonder how a biodegradable peat moss diaper would handle breastfed baby poo? Hmm...

I was thinking about you when I heard there was a tornado in Pampa that weekend! Glad ya'll made it and didn't end up in Kansas with all those deer and cats your Mom has.

Jen H. and I are coming out your way in 3 weeks!!! Your DD and I are trying to figure out a way we can strap both of our children on to you so we can go ride. Har har. Maybe something biodegradable and made of peatmoss???

Have a great weekend!

Ranch wife said...

Oh yippee, I heard the news last night. And DD #2 will be thrilled because she was highly upset that she was going to be gone on the first weekend that yall had planned to be here.

Biodegradable peat moss baby slings....hum...I beat those would be marketable to the whole "lets save the earth" crowd. Until they got wet and they biodegraded with baby in them. Ha

Well I am sure that we can work it out that you gals can get horseback..Pappy and I make a good team. All he has to do is just hold Tadpole and he goes off into la la land. I guess they can sense a calm spirit.

Let me know what yall are hungry for...I vill cook for you! saying that in a Greek accent. Just watched " My Big Fat Greek Wedding." UMPAAAA

~M~

Gumbo Lily said...

Sounds like there was some nasty weather for the wedding. That makes things difficult for sure.

I'm sorry to hear that your plants aren't surviving. That's depressing and I've been there. Up here we're very chilly and I've erected some tar paper surrounds for my tomatoes to block the wind and gather in the warm sunshine. So far, so good. Hoping you get some rain soon.

Frustrating to get less for more $$. At least if you had some plastic pots, you'd have something if the plant died.

Jody (who still lives where there are 4 and 6 pak tomatoes)

cottonpicker said...

You've got one of two choices....both will work nicely IF you follow the instructions....tequila or chocolate.

Anonymous said...

My garden is sad too. I should have lots of cucumbers and beans at least.

Little House in the Desert said...

I like that--if they don't live I'm kill em! That's too funny lol! Did you remember to plant the tomatoes in the pots? If not go get em out of the trash and put em in the ground since you paid for all that expensive peat moss! Apparently if you plant them in those pots it keeps the roots from being disturbed and also fertilizes the soil and the roots will just grow through the peat moss pot. I've been reading up on gardening books trying to plant my first garden and apparently people buy peat moss to fertilize their soil. I just use horse poop--works great for me and is free! lol!

Ranch Wife said...

Well shoot, I was fixin to recommend your wedding planning skills to a friend. You did such a great job on J's wedding a few years ago. You're a natural.

Oh, and hey - what's this I hear about rain? Keeping it all to yourself, are you?

Anonymous said...

New post! New post! New post!

Paula said...

I was so excited! I ordered some of my favorite eye shadow from a friend - hadn't order this kind of stuff in a long while - when it came it, it was half the size it used to be! What is up with that! Now I can do one eye with one color and will have to resort to another color for the other eye!!

Nothing like a good tornado to get a spring in your step!

I can get tons of rain and still the only thing I grow successfully is dandalions!