Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yall come and sit a spell......

We will swing and visit and visit and swing on my new porch swing. Tada....



This was such a fun project, and pretty easy. I can't wait to make a couple of chairs. I found the plans for free on-line. It is amazing what you can google up.

Oh yes....This is a message to Cottonpickers hubby...I have it under good authority that Cottonpicker wants a porch swing for Mother's day. And I also heard that if she gets one she will sit and hold your hand as you are just a swinging..and maybe she will make a chocolate pie as well!

Have a good one!

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

6 comments:

LeAnna said...

Oh, I love it! And your roses are gorgeous!!

cottonpicker said...

Yep.....he tuned in early this morning...and mentioned I am Jakes mother not his....(I think I'll have one by the 4th of July) We start hay hauling this week....

Lynne said...

Ranch Wife - I live in San Diego and had never been to New Mexico before yesterday! My oldest son deployed to Iraq yesterday from El Paso, TX. My husband and I flew out to El Paso to say good-bye and to pick up his car to store for him in San Diego while he is gone. I believe I traveled in your stomping grounds going on the 10. It was fun to see your country and to see the some of the things you have described like the stock tanks where you saved the hateful cow! I enjoyed my trip more because of reading your blog.

Ranch wife said...

Hi Lynne, I am so glad you enjoyed your trip back through NM. We are in the other corner..but only about 4 hours from I-10...out here that's just a hop and a skip away.
As much as I complain about the wind and lack of rain, NM has a certain beauty that it all its own. It grows on you I suppose.....well I don't like pumpjacks and there are a lot of them on this end of the state. They are not pretty...but I guess the oil companies think they are. :)

I have a nephew on his second tour in Iraq...and my good friend and bloggy buddy Cottonpicker will be saying goodbye to her oldest DS this month. He is going to Afghanistan.

Thank you for your kind comments and for reading. I always wonder about the folks that visit here and it is fun to hear from them.

Have a great day.

~M~

Paula said...

Love that swing! I have the perfect place for one as well. I'm going to start dropping hints!

Gumbo Lily said...

'Swonderful!

Enjoy many sunrises with coffee and sunsets holding hands.

Jody