Monday, May 16, 2011

Long Day....

I just got back from town,

Tired.
Broke.
and
Discombobulated.

Oh the woes of grocery shopping!!!

Will the prices ever go down again? It is just insane. And I am sick of picking up things that I have always bought and see the same price......in a smaller package! I mean do they think we are stupid? We are paying as much or more for less product! Makes me want to scream. And while I am on my soap box I am sick and tired of everything I pick up being in English and Spanish. I kid you not I was buying ink for the printer and the whole box was in Spanish. People...this is America. WE speak English. We don't have a second language, we don't need a second language and I for one don't want a second language. I have had 3 years of Spanish in school. It was an elective. I loved it. I think it is a pretty language...but dad gum it, We speak English in the U.S.A. If I wanted to read Spanish, speak Spanish and think in Spanish I would move to Mexico.

Don't go all hate on me ya hear. Cause that would just be wrong.

Pop corn. Have you ever seen a 50 pound bag of pop corn? I have at Sam's..and I bought it. Why did I do such a thing? Because I have it from a good source that it makes wonderful corn bread and since corn meal is high and you can only get it in little bitty bags and I do have a grain grinder I thought I would give it a go.

Chivalry is dead. I am sure it is. Except for the young lad at Sam's that worked there taking in the buggies from the parking lot, I would be in despair over it. As I was trying to pick up the 50 pound bag of pop corn...from the low pallet on the floor, I was struggling with it, it was heavy. I got it half way to my buggy and lost my hold and dropped it on the floor and then had to pick it up again.....two men walked by as I was wrestling with the corn, did they offer to help? No. They just walked on by leaving me in distress. Thanks to all you feminists all over the world. You have finally successfully made steers of all the men so that they don't even have enough sense left to help a poor woman load her pop corn. And thank you to the nice young lad that was so helpful to me and unloaded it into my Jeep. What a sweetheart. Maybe there is hope, but I think it is slim.

Have I ever mentioned by deep hate for Walmart? Ok I just can't go there, deep breaths, happy thoughts......I am home and it is behind me.

Starbucks. I gave Starbucks 5 dollars for a coconut, mocha frapp. I nearly passed out in the drive through....5 bucks!!! But I have to say it was pretty tasty. But not so tasty that I will do it again.

DH's alarm went off this morning at 3. Have you ever woken up to...

I got a little change in my pocket going jingle jingle jing..or something to that effect. Let me tell ya it will shock the liver right out of you. Then in a few minutes, I think it was a few minutes, I have to admit I fell back into blissful slumber..here comes DH...."Hey, you awake?" "yes, of course I am what kind of slacker do you think I am?" " Well the horses let themselves out somehow can you come help?" So I drag out and take up the breakfast cooking while he zooms off into the darkness horn blaring and him muttering.

Youngest was the last one to come out of the corrals.....and his name was almost mud. But DH maintained. I was proud of him.

Finally about an hour later he locates the trusty steeds. I am pretty sure they were hanging out over the hill laughing at DH. Horses can be like that.

Well anyway he and youngest eat, load and zoom off into the sunrise for a day of branding.

I collapse and drink my coffee and plan my day. Then I grab the milk bucket and go out to milk Blue. I feed her her treats...she loves peppermint candy. Pat her on the head and proceed to milk. She is happy, I am happy, then she runs out of sweet feed, gets all emotional and steps into the almost full bucket of milk. I get emotional, refuse to let her have her other candy shove her back into her pen, and stomp back to the house.

Now I am home. I am tired and I want a bath. I have two calves to feed. Eggs to gather, goats to feed, dogs to feed, and supper to cook.

But it is all good, cause I don't have to go back to town for at least a couple of weeks! Not counting Thursday when I zoom off to Lubbock to collect my DD from the airport! She is coming home!!! Yeah!

God BLess and Happy Trails
RanchWife

13 comments:

cottonpicker said...

Good thing it's bedtime cuz yer post made me tired...lol...well, my town day is tomorrow...God bless me and my endeavors! Glad to know Sara is headed for home...you best start baking her fav's! Just occurred to me..this is monday and your town day is friday...oh well, talk to ya soon!

Mikey said...

I am hearing. you. sister. Don't get me started on Walmart either. And what kind of men some ladies have raised. It's insane. I avoid town at all costs if I can help it. I'm afraid I'll lose all patience.
I've also had to milk every day (goats) and I know the feeling when they step in a full bucket of milk. SO frustrating!
It's going to get better. I know it.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Yes. I agree with your post. 100%.
Sounds like an exhausting day. To me, going to the store is more tiring than that of a hard day of manual labor!

DD is coming home? How exciting!!! Have a wonderful trip Thursday and I can't imagine how excited you are to see her!!!

Rachel said...

I hear ya. :/ It's no bueno...
oops, I spoke in spanish, see what they are doing to us! :P Ha.

Yay for Sara coming home!!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh Girl! I hear you! Nothing like a trip into town to ruin a perfectly good day. Just puts me in a tailspin. Thankfully the good Lord set us out away from the insanity and he gave us silver linings like Thursday when you get to pick up DD! Yeah! So excited for you! Bet she is too! Sending safe travel prayers for her! Guess its too late to send out that card to her, huh? Sigh. Fail.

Rain Barnes said...

Chivalry is FOR SURE GONE! When I started reading about your popcorn mess I had flash backs to trying to get a double stroller and a toddler through a door before it severed finger, arms or squished us all. On several occasions I'd have Buster propped up against a door and make a run at the entry all the while the weight of the door was pushing his little body into my path and closing on us all. NEVER did a man come to my rescue! They stared mind you, but never once did they lend a helping hand. Women would help every once in a while but mostly I sought out handicap entrances. It was so frustrating!

Gumbo Lily said...

I hear ya too! My "town days" are some of the hardest ones I put in....unless I get to see the grandbaby.

I'm frustrated by Spanish being on everything. EVERYTHING! When did this suddenly happen, I wonder?

God bless the work of your hands, Ranchwife.
Jody

NaomiG said...

Oh, I hear ya on the errand running thing. I hate every moment of it.

The rest of the post just makes me tired... hope today is better!

Paula said...

It is so good to be back! Goodness I needed this laugh! Love the whole "steer" segment and then the emotional cow! I feel like an emotional cow sometimes!

Blessings~
P.

John North said...

Good for you that your Daughter is coming home! Our son is coming home from Afghanistan in August or September, God willing.
"...do they think we are stupid?"
I suppose they are choosing that route to offset soaring commodity prices...
Thanks for the post, and let us know if the ground popcorn makes good cornmeal. Maranatha! Keep looking up!

Ranch wife said...

Hey Paula, glad you are back!

John...I will for sure give an update on the popcorn corn bread. I am ashamed that I have not even tried it yet. Congrats on your son coming home soon!!! How excited yall must be.

Later
~M~

Farmchick said...

I hear you on Wal-Mart....ughhhhhhhhhhh. I absolutely HATE going to town.........I prefer the country.....I like staying on our farm. ;)

Come say hi. :)

Tales from the Ranch said...

Oh it helps to know that we are not the only ones having one thing after another going on! Must be something in the water in New Mexico ranches!