Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What is on Everybody's Minds........

Wind.
Drought.
Fire.
Heat.

Seems like our lives have been taken over there lately by those 4 things. We are consumed with it. When you go out in the morning you look around and sniff for smoke. DH spotted a huge fire yesterday burning up on top of the caprock, and thinking it was on this ranch he started heading down the road towards it, called the other camp man on the two way and found out it was way east...they tend to look so close sometimes. And everybody is paranoid.

Then later we look to the west....Fire again. This time far away but the small town of Mayhill all 500 people has been evacuated. Another fire to the northwest. Another to the south. I guess that makes one in every direction . The air is full of smoke, the wind is still blowing and according to the weather there is no end in sight.

Texas is burning again. The ranch where my oldest son is working is on fire. We haven't heard from him directly but I know they are trying to save structures. Will it ever end?

I try to do uplifting posts much of the time..but words just fail me today. Every where you look it is another disaster. I feel for the people that are being flooded out, that must be awful. We need it to rain and they need it to stop.

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife

7 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

RW~
I am so sad to hear that...I want you to know, I pray for you guys and everyone who is suffering from this severe drought, wind, fire,flooding etc.

God promises to never leave nor forsake...I know you already know that.

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; Psalm 34:19

Take care...thinking of ya'll often.

Ranch wife said...

Thank you Les you are a sweetheart. We covet prayers down this way for sure. Yall stay safe as well. Tornados and Kansas go together like cake and ice cream, only not as much fun to have. :)

~M~

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Prayer is always uplifting. We are called to pray without ceasing and it seems to be the order of the day these days...every day. Consider it done and keep us posted.

Jaelyn Rose said...

The fire that was closest to the house has mostly been contained, or it was this morning. If people would just get their acts together all of the fires around here would be put out, but instead they leave at 9 at night when the fires are "burning in one spot," Perfect time to put them out I think! The Swhartz fire is stil burning near West Pyle, don't know much about that one though.. Praying for rain!

Gumbo Lily said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I used to cry a lot when we were going through severe drought. It's plain hard! I'll keep you in my prayers. I am wondering....does the Red Cross help you folks with fire disasters?

Jody

Ranch wife said...

Hey Jody, they do help with the evacuations etc. So that is good. Our fearless leader in Washington has denied Texas any assistance...crazy. People are pretty mad about it, when you pay taxes you expect it to go where it is needed....but that is not the way it goes now it seems. :(

~M~

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm glad to hear that Red Cross helps. I wish my taxes went to them instead of Washington.

Jody