Friday, April 29, 2011

I am mad.....

At my yapping weiner dog.

I stepped out on the porch to check my water and low and behold just over the way was a coyote. Just as bold as brass, trying to get a drink out of the windmill overflow. In the middle of the blomming morning!! These coyotes these days.... Can't even keep their dreadful deeds under the cover of darkness.

Anyway I dashed in and grabbed the 243 prepared to preform an execution....he was right beside the goat pen....yes some nice tasty cabrito would taste mighty fine to him this day. The drinking water thing was all a ruse....especially since there is no water in the overflow, just mud. I saw right through that act.

I didn't know that Ginger had dashed out the door until I heard yap, yap. So did the coyote. He was gone when I came back out..in all of 2 minutes. I hate yapping dogs. She was so proud, and is now sitting on the sofa licking her feet.

He is sitting out there watching me. I know he is. Just waiting. I hate coyotes.

As for the other dogs in the herd, They are sitting out in front of the house facing south letting the wind blow through their ears. Idiots.

So how is your day going????

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife...who is locked and loaded and keeping watch. Coyotes beware!

7 comments:

Elaine said...

I HATE coyotes- we have lots of them here in South Texas. Of course, my husband and I went out and tried to call some up the other night..to no avail! My Dad shot a bobcat drinking out of the water trough at the back of their yard last week. They are getting close these days-yuk! Good luck getting your coyote!

John North said...

If you happen to get shot off, I hope you bag him. Just an observation... some sheep farmers here in the midwest put a Llama with the sheep. Very protective, they will take care of the coyote. The score is Llama-1 and Mr. Yotee-0.Thanks for the post.

Gumbo Lily said...

You could tie Mr. Yapper up near the goats so he can keep the coyotes at bay, but like you, I'd rather have a dead coyote than a scared coyote.

Jody

cottonpicker said...

Well...coyotes, like people don't have respect for anybody's property or critters....darnit...as for Ginger..well, I'm shocked she was awake...:)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh Ginger...the ever lovin guard dog! Licking her feet, gettin 'em all cleaned up, she's wanting a manicure ya know...for her good deeds! LOL

Coyotes are like snakes...the only good one, is a DEAD one.
Amen

Saska said...

He was trying to protect you!

We have them too. They come right up to the house and see if any of my cats are out roaming.

Saska said...

I probably would've hit the stock tank if I got out the 243!