I wanted to share these video's of the Fort Davis Fires...This is one of 19 fires that have ripped across Texas in the last week. The amounts of land burned is staggering, and no count of livestock as of yet.
I feel so grieved for these people. This is just not were they live...it is their life.
When I saw the cattle standing out in the charred pasture it made me thing of the Bible where it talks about how the Lord sees even the tiny sparrow when it falls......And He, Jesus goes on to say and how much more do I care for you?
He knows and he cares about our lives down to the finest details.
He cares about these folks that have lost so much.
He cares about the people that have suffered through the tornado's that killed several just last night.
He cares about Japan
Hati.
Christians being killed by the hundreds in Africa.
Ranchers that don't know how they will hang on another year.
Babies killed in the womb.
The sick.
The dying.
The ones that grieve.
I believe when He looks down on us He feels our pain.
Jesus Wept. A powerful statement.
In one of the video's you will see just a snap shot of a trailer with the words. " A cool drink of water in Jesus name." It gave me chills.
That is what we all need to be about if we are believers. Giving a drink of water, feeding a hungry person. Donating a coat, a blanket, food to your local food bank, or salvation army. Fighting a fire as a voluntary fireman or woman....no pay risking your life to help others.
So many times we get into our little boxes and stick our head on the sand and pretend the outside world does not exist. It is easy to do. But we must stop it. The world is in a mess. Our country is in a mess.....I believe that we have only begun to see the hard times that are about to come upon this nation. We need to be ready. We need to be willing to give of ourselves, come out of our box, get our heads out of the sand. We need to show Christ's love. It may be to your neighbor. It may be the checker at the store. The homeless man on the street. The amount of hurting people and situations is endless. Pray and ask the Lord where He can use you...then be prepared to obey.
God BLess and Happy Trails
RanchWife
![]() |
| A digital slideshow by Smilebox |

10 comments:
So very sad! It breaks my heart. Praying for everyone and the firefighters.
Amen! Hard to see the videos through my tears. Just breaks my heart. I love it when the Lord speaks through you - wise words, beautifully written.
Heartbreaking..that's all I can say bout that...
Just found out the fire is raging at the gates of Sheppard Air Force Base where my son is stationed.
The devestation just knocks my breath out. Lots of prayers going up today.
Just tears my heart out! Fire is so brutal, unforgiving, and wild. Several years ago a fire ripped thru here burning thousands of BLM/Forest Service grazing land. I remember helping where we could, and walking into the bar (local meeting place)seeing those rock hard ranchers, their faces all covered in black soot - and the only flesh you could see was where the tears had rolled down. It's devastating!
God bless them all - may we all wake up and do His will!!
Great post M!
Jamie....my husbands mom and dad live out by Lake Kemp and we both graduated from Seymour..I know the area well.
Did not know about the fire out there but for sure will be praying.
My brother called this afternoon and he said a bunch of fires had broken out..he was working on a firetruck as we spoke trying to help get it up and running again.
God Bless
~M!
We've also had fires here in western Oklahoma. They are scarey and sometimes uncontrollable in this horrible wind we've been having.
It has to rain sometime, doesn't it?
Oh, I love this. Your words are wise. I was reminded of the hymn by William Cowper my eyes fell on during our Bible Study on Sunday... it spoke to my heart with regards to all the calamities you mentioned here...
God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.
Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His bright designs
And works His sov’reign will.
Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.
His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flow’r.
Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.
I've had it stuck in my head since Sunday, and it's been such a blessing to me, especially the third verse.
Naomi...thank you for sharing that hymn. Lovely words.
Saska...We have been praying and I know the Lord hears our prayers. All things in His time.
~M~
I'm praying.
Jody
Post a Comment