I need new jeans. I am desperate for new jeans. I currently have two pairs that are my going to town pants..and the rest, well they are my working in the yard, scrubbing the floor everyday britches.
Only having two going to town pants is not a big deal because I don't go that often. But they are looking like they need to go to the working in the yard pile. So what to do? Shop. Have I ever mentioned that I hate to shop? Does that make me abnormal as a woman? I like to shop for flowers for my yard. I like to shop for fabric. I hate to shop for clothes. It wears me out. But sometimes it is a chore that has to be taken on.
So the other day as DH was buying feed I shopped in our local farm store for jeans. Yes I know. Feed, fencing supplies, dog wormer and clothes. It can all be had in one store. I love it. One stop shopping I tell ya, it is better then a mall. Did I leave with a new pair of jeans? NO. I am bitter.
Here is the spill. I hate spandex. I lothe spandex. I don't know why it was invented and I think it is from hell.
I refuse to pay 65 dollars for a pair of pants..even if they are 100% cotton.
The ones that I liked that were on the sell table that were 100% cotton were all gone except for a size that only a very small women built like a 12 year old could wear.
I don't want rhinestones on my backside. I don't want to draw attention to that area of my body and at this point in life I am not into "bling". Especially when it is on my backside. Or across my bosoms I might add. Less is way more in my opinion. That is in decorating clothing...not less clothes which I could easily rant about that as well. I went to Wallie Friday and have decided to move to the Anarticia. They have to wear clothes there are they will freeze their parts off. That is all I am going to say about that.......right now anyway.
I do not want to wear a "lower rise" pair of pants. I have had 4 children. I need support even if apparently the fashion now days is a "muffin top", I would just as soon not go that route.
My DH comes over and says..."what about cowboy cuts"? (cowboy cuts are wranglers for all of you not in the know). I used to wear them with pride. We all did...but times change. Bodies change and not all change is good. I pointed this out to him..but like all men his age he just has a thing for cowboy cuts. And long hair but that is another post altogether.
So I come home and go online. More spandex. " A slimming fit with spandex", let me tell you a little story. They lie. All that spandex does is let lose all the stuff that 100% cotton holds in. It is not slimming, nor is it attractive. And they get bigger by the hour. By the end of the day especially in hot weather when you have done just a touch of sweating they bag in all the wrong places.
I am thinking overalls. They are cheap. They are 100% cotton. You have full coverage, and can bend over and sit down without the whole world seeing your fruit of the looms, or lack thereof
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
17 comments:
Oh, M! You seiously crack me up!! :)
Sorry your having that there problem...
I need jeans too. And, I just can't stand the prices, on the jeans I WANT. It's truly sad... I'll just have to bit the bullet one day and slurge.
I TOTALLY hear you. What is UP with the low rise everything? My butt falls out when I bend over!! (I'm a mom, I bend over 20,000 times a day) I'm constantly pulling them up.
I do wear cowboy cut Wranglers, especially to ride, but I wish I could find something else. Alas, I have given up.
Good luck on your search, and please, if you find some good pants, share with us where you got em!!
I have been there. I would go into a store and try on jeans. I would get so upset that I literally cried.
I finally found the best jeans every!
The sweetheart cut at Old Navy. They are not low rise, they cover everything, they do not stretch out. They are 99% cotton and only 1tiny % spandex. If you are lucky you get 2 pairs for $28! If not they are about $19 a pair.
According to "what not to wear" women try on an average of 15 pairs of jeans before they find a pair that fit perfectly-or something like that. I can attest to the fact that is true. If you do find a pair you love, buy at least three of them. :-) (have you tried Land's End, or something like them online? A little pricey, but they do the classic waist thing, might be an option.)
Join the club! The only place I want to see a muffin top is in a muffin tin...blueberry preferred. Sigh. I think men make women's jeans. Can I put in an order for those overalls?
Hey..I'm right there with ya...AND..I have a 36 or 38" inseam IF I can find them. They think tall women are all BIG. I just hate to buy a pair of jeans and think I have to alter them before I can wear 'em.
I would look like a denim clad egg in overalls.
You should try Aura by Wrangler. *Grin* You know your dying too. Aunt Jerra wears them.
Amen and Amen.
I tried on a pair of capri pants the other day...they seemed a bit "low rise" for me. I asked the clerk if they had any that were a little "longer" and she told me I was holding them! LOL
I've never been one who liked my jeans right around my waist, but...the low rise are a bit low for me...and yes. P*R*I*C*E*Y. Geez.
Girl....you so need an intervention....just pay the $65.00 and feel good....make it an early birthday!
I know exactly how you feel! I finally bought some mens levis this winter in order to get a pair of jeans that were not stretch. Now I am cutting them off to make capris. I went "shopping" at my friends house yesterday and got four pair of jeans for $12 - it's the only way I ever get name brand jeans.
Ok Ranchwife. I hear ya! I'm not fond of shopping for jeans either, but I know of a pretty good-looking, inexpensive jean you need to try on. You can usually buy them in W-mart, K-mart and such places. Lee Riders. I know....some have spandex, but not all. Honestly, they aren't bad jeans at all! They don't have bling on the pockets, you can get them in boot cut style, and they aren't low riders. Try. Please. And then thank me.
Jody
Amen! I totally agree with you. I also hate shopping for jeans. And I don't want the bling, lowrise, spandex or spray on jeans they offer today. I useally try the thrift shops for older designs, but it's still a process that will wear you out :( .
I have really enjoyed reading your blog since I found it last year. I'm a city girl (not by choice), and I love getting a glimpse into ranching life.
Welcome new readers!!! I am always amazed that anyone besides my family reads these ramblings. Yall make my day!
Jody, I will look at those. I remember the brand from way back. Haven't had a pair since way back. I am going to have a look see. Thanks!
God Bless to all
~M~
I like Delta Burke brand jeans, they are made for real women and fit so nice but they are hard to find.
I do like a gal that wears overalls RW, but know that they are warm! 'Course you could undo the side buttons like I've done, but then that defeats the covering up. Hey maybe you could dress like the Hutterite women with the ankle length dresses. My Cindy buys from www.Blair.com and likes their jeans and other clothes, you might google that one. Thanks for the post, it was funny.
So glad that I'm not the only mom out there that can't find pants that fit! I'm like you I refuse to pay $65.00 for a pair of jeans and at almost 40 and mother of 2 I do not need to call attention the back end! Funny thing is just this week I finally found some jeans (Rocky's) on clearance at the local feed store. Nice to find a pair that fits and covers everything that they should.
Post a Comment