Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today I Cook..

Well I cook everyday, but today I cook for the crew. They are branding here at the house and in a few hours I will have dusty tired hungry cowpokes at my table.

Lets see what is being served up...

Roast beef
The famous frijole...(Pinto Beans), you just simply cannot be a cowboy without eating them. It is required and I am sure it is in the "How to feed a Cowboy" manual.
Deviled eggs...because I have a ton of eggs.
Potatoes.........still thinking about how to prepare them.
No green salad. It is a waste of my money, they just sniff it and go on by.
Biscuits, of course, another one of those essentials that is in the HTFAC (see above) manual.
Lots of ice tea and maybe lemonade. They love lemonade, isn't that funny?
And............
Dessert!
Lemon meringue pie
Chocolate
And my favorite, Coconut. They don't much care for the coconut which means.....there will be lots left, which means...I can enjoy my most favorite part of the day, when they all leave and I can sit down in the chair, prop up my feet and eat my pie in peace. I look forward to that moment all day.

Well I must run along now. I won't get those pies made sitting here at the computer now will I ?

God Bless and Happy trails
RanchWife

5 comments:

Ranch Wife said...

Isn't it funny how different crews like different things? I always have to make a big ol' salad, but I think they are all universal when it comes to beans and meat and potatoes and bread. My crew loves deviled eggs!I think they all have a sweet tooth too although I have had one man in 25 years that will not eat dessert. Save some pie for me. Whatever's leftover. I'm not picky.

Elaine said...

You will definately deserve that piece of pie...or 2! I just baked a coconut cream pie-mmmmm. Lena Kate (Tadpole's age) stuck her finger in the meringue right out of the oven. She thinks if you blow on it, it will be instantly cool enough to eat!

NaomiG said...

I wanna eat at your house. :-)

cottonpicker said...

You know what kinda pie I want....uh huh...

Gumbo Lily said...

It all sounds so good, but I'm big on deviled eggs and pie. Save me a piece of that Coconut Cream.