I have grown to hate that word. We had 13 inches of snow in December and that is pretty much all the moisture we have had in over a year. Sadly this spring is not looking all that great. We just keep praying and believing that the Good Lord has it in His hands. And He does.
So what happens when a dirt tank goes dry? Nothing good. Here is a poor soul who was just trying to get herself a drink of yucky green water......
The cows are weak and poor even though the feed is being poured to them every other day. They wander out to what water is left and get bogged down into the mud. I helped DH pull out two on the same day.
DH and Blue Duck give it a go......
This is not what I meant by wanting a "spa" treatment!
Even though both horses gave it their all a stuck cow is a stuck cow.
Finally DH has to bring out the big guns....aka "the Dodge".
Out she came and with a little tender loving care cowboy style..........
She arose from the brink of death and tried to kill us. I don't have a picture of that..hard to take pictures and run at the same time.
This is her sister from another mother......we came to her aid earlier in the day....
She could possibly have lost a little hide on the rescue....DH told me to pull till he said stop. He was determined to get her away from the bog as far as we could possibly go and not kill her.
And I would like to make it very clear that no animals were hurt in this operation. They made the 5 mile hike to the good water in if not prime condition, fair condition and they are much better now.
Just another day on the ranch.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
God
12 comments:
Sorry, we have been praying for rain. Hopefully the Lord will open the heavens and pour down the rain. We are dry here too, four fires let week.
Hang in there, God is in charge no matter what is going on!
I will be praying for rain for you.
M~ I know it is beyond frustrating to be in a drought...I just wanted you to know I am believing for your country to receive the gift of rain! God gave me this scripture this morning to share with you...you are in my prayers!
Psalm 147:7-11
Take care ;)
Les
Thank you all for taking time to comment. It means a lot to know others are praying, and by far this area isn't the only one that is suffering. Seems like the whole USA is dealing with bad weather of some sort or another.
Les I love that Psalm. I so appreciate your relationship with the Lord and your obedient heart.
Love to all
~M~
We are praying it's coming, too! Poor gals, just wanting precious water...
We have two fires in the mountains right now, one north of Marfa, and the other by Marathon... not good. :/
Praying for rain-we were like that last year in good ole Archer County Tx.A friend in Clay Co (old family ranch dating to1800s)sold their keepin heifers for the first time.Heartbreaking.We've had a good winter and spring but starting to get a little dry again,praying daily that the Lord will bless everyone with moisture.You are in my prayers.
Will pray for y'all up there-is is awful to see the cattle so poor in drought situations-they are finally looking better down here in south Texas.
Laverne, we were down that way in March visiting my husbands folks and it was so green and beautiful. Although they had caught no tank water. It is sad to see the widespread damage this drought has brought. We pray for rain daily for every area that is in trouble.
Elaine...glad things are easing up a bit in your area. That is good news for sure.
~M~
Last year was the worse drought we've ever had. The wheat looks good so far...and the ponds have water in them.
It all happens...farmers/ranchers are all patient people.
Praying for rain for you all! Sure am thankful for the rain we've had, last summer was rough here in Ok. Our preacher has family that ranch in NM, so you all are on our prayer list!
I am so sorry to hear that the *D* word is still in your vocabulary. It looks tough. Poor cows. I hate seeing bogged cows. Glad you were able to come to their rescue. I'll say a prayer for you.
jody
Praying for your area to get rain. We're in central Texas and we've had a good bit the past few days and are expecting more. A very, very welcome relief from the drought here but I wonder when this all dries up, how long it will be before we get rain again. The unwanted lessons learned from a drought!
Post a Comment