Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rest In Christ..

"Come to Me, all you who are weak and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and My burden light." Matthew Chap. 11 vs. 28-30 (NKJV)

The Words of Jesus in red. After what this nation has experienced this week we need to read those words. We need to be on our knees seeking His face. Begging forgiveness. Pleading for His mercy upon our land. Praying healing for the grief stricken people that never thought of the tragedy that this week brought into their lives.

What will we as a nation face in the days, weeks, months years...if the Lord tarries? I do not know. But I do know what the Bible tells me. As I look around at a world gone mad my Jesus tells me..." I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13-5 (NKJV)

Jesus is our hope in this upside down world. Our only hope. His promises or the only ones we can count on. He does not promise a life of ease. He does not promise that we will not have hard times or sorrow in our lives. He does not promise we won't face persecution. He says just the opposite. He tells us we will suffer, we will have tragedy, we will face sorrow. This world is fallen and full of evil.

But.....In all of this chaos there is Jesus. He tells us in Matthew 10 that the very hairs of our heads are numbered...He tells us "Do Not Fear". If he sees each sparrow that falls from the sky does He not see us?

That is the promise of the World Of  God.....Words in red.

Our hope is in Him. Our rest is in Him. Read His love letter to His bride. Trust in those words of red. Take comfort in them. Give those worries and fears to Him. Walk in His grace and walk under the banner of His love. He will not forsake His children...that is a promise.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Very well said. The Bible tells us there will be lots of things that will happen in the last days. I believe we are living in those days. I know that "No man knows the day or the hour..only the Father above" but the Bible is being fulfilled quickly it seems.
I found your blog about a year ago through Karin@Lovin' Life at the End of the Dirt Road. I really enjoy your blog.
Have a blessed day.

Gumbo Lily said...

Amen. I'm thinking of the song "Give Me Jesus" right now.

Mary E. Stephens said...

Very appropriate. Thanks for posting this. We need to keep looking unto Jesus, Heb. 12. Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

bwsmith said...

a friend reminded me of a quote:
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
--- Anonymous
Surely the times may be showing Americans who we are -- they are surely showing the church it's time to return to our first love! (Revelation 2)

I found your blog from "Plain Ol' Vanilla" and appreciate your thoughts and art.
bwsmith